Veteran roll call

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
USAF '92-'96
TACP - Hawk32

1673990884989.png

1673990923275.png

Hey Bill. Great pix. I was Ft. Shafter, USA, '96-'98. Our tours overlapped. Worked a lot with Hickam/PACAF on Pacific Rim comms.

Thanks, we were destined to cross paths one way or another!

After I finished my pipeline training, I was stationed at Ft Hood where I'd meet my wife at happy hour on 6th St in Austin and then I'd settle down here in Texas to raise our family :)

I’ll list up my daddy papa and grandpa emmet daddy was a sniper for army rangers passed away 9 years ago today papa was navy passed 2 years ago November 8 grandpa emmet was army my husband was navy my brother in law army their best friend marines the boyfriend was coast guard my grandpa Air Force (which is where I get my obsession from) kids dad was marine and I could go on and on I tried joining the Air Force unfortunately due to medical reasons I couldn’t but I find every was to support our troops thank you for your service thank you for all y’all do and did I truly mean it

I know we are missing some of you, so check in here!

Make an introduction, tell us a bit about your Service if you'd like, then I can also make sure you have your View attachment 76270 tag added to your profile!

We thank you all for your sacrifices and service.

Active Duty members please check in here.
Served on ocean going Minesweepers in the US Navy from 1968-71 during Vietnam. Finished active duty as an E5 Radioman.

IMG_0543.JPG

Make an introduction, tell us a bit about your Service if you'd like, then I can also make sure you have your View attachment 76270 tag added to your profile!

Active Duty members please check in h

Active Duty members please check in here.
USAF, Abilene, Tx, Yokota AB, Japan, Cairo. Communications.

I spent 3 years at White Sands Missile Range doing R&D with the Patriot missile system. I'm impressed with what it is doing now.

Peacekeeping veteran here, I did two half-year tours in Kosovo from May ’05 to May ’06.

We have mandatory draft for males at the age of 18, the minimum service is 6 months. I volunteered and passed the tests for the Rapid Deployment Force in 2003 and spent a full year as a conscript. Everyone in the unit went to the NCO school as a baseline, I had a driving licence for trucks so I could (and did) apply for specialized training with the Pasi APC.

It didn’t take long after active service for the letter to come that I’d join most of my old unit in KFOR.

Since then, I’ve been in the active reserves with refreshers every now and then.

I spent the last 25 years of my life either in the Active Army or working for them as a civilian at Ft. Leonard Wood, MO. I ran the weld shop for the post. I spent my active years at Ft. Bragg, NC in a Special Operations Group Airborne. Hooah! I went to Desert SHield/Storm for 10 months, Operation Just Cause, then went over to Iraq as Force Protection, spending my time at Q-West and Camp Cedar. Fun times.

Back