Very cool wife...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roughshod

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hi guys!

I've been lurking around for a while checking things out, nice forum, I can't get over the info.

A couple of months back my father who used to be a huge car nut before his illness got himself a nitro HPI Firestorm. He and I used to knock around with electrics when I was a kid and I thought something Nitro would be good for him to tinker with. We've had a few problems with it, but I think it's coming together.

Anyway, I've been checking out Firestorms, Traxxas stuff, you name it. Today my wife, baby and I were down at the LHS and she said Merry Christmas and told me to buy what I wanted. I walked out with a new Savage X and so far have 2 tanks of fuel through it. It's snowing at the moment so I called it a night, do they make a plow for this thing as an option?? LOL

Welcome....not about the plow....but there are lots of good folks her who might know.

Nice wife.....you better spank her later...;)

If you truly want one, I'm sure you'll find one on Ebay.... I would'nt recommend it..
Welcome to the forums... Your in the right place... :cheers:

Yeah she's pretty supportive of almost everything I do...almost...

I was just goofing about the plow, it does look strong enough to push some snow though!

Welcome to the forum and congrats on the cool wife!

I had a blast last year with my Savage in the snow and ice,finish a good break-in and have fun!

No plow but they do make snow chains........

Welcome to the site bud. Just because it's snowing doesn't mean you can't run your Savage though. If you waterproof your electronics and do a couple other things you can be tossin some white stuff around too!

Thanks for the welcome everyone.

Lessen, from my electric days I used to encase the receiver and batteries in balloons to help keep out any water. What else do you recommend? There isn't much on the ground at the moment so I'm not too worried about the snow, but apparently we're in for a storm tonight so I could see tomorrow being an issue for running.

My dad took one look at my Savage this morning and we actually just got back from the LHS with his very own Savage!

My dad took one look at my Savage this morning and we actually just got back from the LHS with his very own Savage!

man, if i get the money I'm defintly goign to buy my self a savage.

Sweet

have fun with it, i love the hpi savage

now for the plow, about 5 or 6 years ago i picked up a home made plow off of ebay for my t-maxx.

it was so very simply made.

the plow part was a chopped up piece of plastic gutter for a house/home.
it was mounted on 2 all thread rods that run the length of the bottom of the truck that were covered in a piece of pvc pipe. u zip tied the rods that were covered with pvc to the lower a arms front and back. up where the plow was, there was a spring behind it on the all thread to absorb impacts.

edit-

awile back i think i remember seeing a plow for a maxx from GPM or something. might still be out there and able to be used on a savage? I'm not sure..

yeah i wish i could run my truck in the snow but am afraid my motor is going to go to crap..congrats on the new savage an the nice wife. welcome to the site