Very Basic Questions

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cbreaker

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Okay I got some quick questions.

I am looking at Horizon's site, and I want to add some fuel tubing and one of those things you stick on the end of your pipe to extend the tube, away from your body and rear wheel.

I see three sizes. Small, Medium, and Large. I have a Storm. I'm thinking "Medium" for both the fuel tubing and the pipe thing, but I'm not sure. There's no indication of which is the right one.

My pipe is a Nova Rossi 9886 normal size 1/8th pipe.

Also, I was wondering about Shocks; should I go with the Storm Pro shocks or are there some other good shocks with a resonable price tag I should think about?

Thanks guys.

The extender thing is called an exhaust deflector. Medium should work, it should give the recommened engine size on the webpage. Medium fuel tubing is the right stuff (lurge is really large). And I don't know about the shocks, sorry. But the pro shocks are generally better than regular shocks.

Well, I'm starting to think that maybe the large ones are for the buggies? Horizon has a whole bunch of GS Exhaust Deflectors, and the medium and small ones are in stock, all of the large ones are out of stock. And there's like 20 different ones.

Unfortunately none of them say what engine they would be for. Horizon is really really bad with descriptions; sometimes you have no idea what a part is going to come with or not, or how many you'll get.

Oh well it's not a big deal.

IMO, those deflectors are money pits. EP lost (came off and was found by the track owner and returned) one that had 3 zips on it. I don't run them on mine, formula 409 is cheaper than replacing deflectors.

Yea, it's true. You can take the body and run it under the sink faucet; same with the tires. So it's easy to clean off the nitro crud.