venom fail-safe........

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WHEELIN24/7

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hey guys....I dont have a fail safe yet..but, when i was out bashing today with some friends, one area of the "site" we would lose control of our trucks like something else picked up the signal. My truck was full throttle and full speed and drilled a big a$$ rock. This isnt the first time its happend, last time i changed crystals and that was the verdict then ....so i guess my question is will the fail safe prevent this from happining or is it only for when you drive your truck out of range????

any input would be great!!!
BTW its a savage 25 if it matters

Thanks newnitro....I have read that before but i didnt see that it said it protects against interfernce until now. I'm guessing that would count as interference if something else picked up the signal and caused the truck to take off??

Yup that is what I was getting at. You should be fine as long as you have a good failsafe. Some guys suggest the Ofna Micro failsafe. Just because it is actually smaller and can actually fit inside of your radio box. I know the savage has very limited room in that department.

Well thanks again newnitro you have been very helpfull on this site !! It really sucked this happend cause it was the only thing that stopped the fun..for me atleast. We had 4 t-maxx's and my savage and 3 of the t-maxx stripped there spur gears and the other broke a turnbuckle ..it wasn't a very good day for bashing!

thanks again

I am using the Venom fail safe on my Savage SS, it will fit in the radio box just fine. I don't know however if it will fit if you have reverse installed.

I just ordered a Venom Fail Safe after my Savage went ripping up the street out of control because I failed to put the antenna up on my controller. After I got my Savage out for under the car that stopped it and discovered I had also damaged a servo I figured it was a good investment.