Vantage Racing Carbon Fiber Revo Chasis

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chaos2767

RCTalk Talkaholic
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Wanted to know if any of you had experience with this chasis. I just picked this one up and wanted to know if anyone had real world experience with it. This Revo has a TON of mods including the RB 323 engine and numerous aluminum upgrades. I'm probably not going to drive it much or just might take it to a track.

Attachments

• M1.jpg
    M1.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 350
  • GetAttachmentM2.jpg
    GetAttachmentM2.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 322
  • GetAttachment.jpg
    GetAttachment.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 315
I know those RB engines run really good. I would love to get my hands on a TM 523 for my Maxx!

Love the rb have one in my maxx as for the chassis there is a fella on here Tk5310 that is running that chassis hard without any dramas

Love the rb have one in my maxx as for the chassis there is a fella on here Tk5310 that is running that chassis hard without any dramas

Yep - TK5310 is a mean SOB with his Revo - he runs that CF chassis - it has taken some HUGE hits and has never cracked.

The real advantage though is that it moves the weight of the servos forward for better weight distribution - his Revo jumps well - very predictable.

I picked up the chassis TK5310 is using for $100 - they are twice that now, if you can find one.

Looks like you picked up a great Revo.

I like the idea of a CF chassis.... I've bent two revo aluminum chassis quite easily during race track sessions and would prefer not to experience that again. CF strength/ductility features are kind of a x - breed between high tech plastics and the aluminum. CF flexes nicely (much more than Al), but can shatter if pushed far enough... Has anyone herd of the Vantage CF Revo Chassis shattering or are all reports positive on their product?

The C/F chassis is a LOT more fragile than the stock chassis. I saw one that got cracked during a run at a track.

oh, appreciate that feedback.... will stay away from that product - will stick w/ the stock Al chassis

The RB323 ended up being toast so now I need to find another big block. The guy put ALOT of money into this thing so I was thinkin a nice JL .28 or Lrp would compliment it well. The trans is a full RRP and FOC and upgraded drive shafts, upgraded servos, it really is pretty with the aluminum trans protector and servo cases underneath. Lookin like I might sell my other revo as a roller to fund it. If you guys might be interested in a complete roller, hit me up.

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 252
  • b.jpg
    b.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 243
  • c.jpg
    c.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 245
  • d.jpg
    d.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 239
I'm sold on the C/F chassis, mine has taken hit that would have pretzled a stock ally chassis - I'd know, I've bent a couple of them.

I ran straight into a gutter obscured by grass at 30+mph, car launched into the air & barrel rolled, the impact tore the front diff clear out, smashed the front bulkheads, bent the alloy plate, smashed most of the steering components & bent a TRX steel CV axle.
Chassis was fine.
It's taken multiple hits like that & other than stone chips looks like new.

Handling is vastly improved, jumps like no other revo.

And another big hit shrugged off the the CF chassis - sideways into a steel pole at high speed, fuel tank exploded in a shower of fuel, lug on the chassis copped a direct hit & has blue paint from the pole on it to prove it.
Chassis is fine:

20140224_154216_zps900756c2.jpg

Wow! That's a hell of a hit! I would of been nervous walking up to it, expecting a trashed chassis.