Using vintage game counsil emulators/roms

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Metalhead Matt

RCTalk VIP
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Figured you fellows might be able to help me out with this. I love old gaming systems from the late '70's and early '80's. I found a site, theoldcomputer.com that has emulators and roms for free down load. A good buddy told me about the site so I'm assuming it's safe. What I don't know is how to use these. I never have downloaded anything except for a couple of albums. My computer has windows xp. I'm basically looking for some dumbed-down instructions for using this software. The downloads have small descriptions as to what version of windows they need to run. Others say something about dos. I don't know what that means/is. Any help would be awesome. Here's the direct address he gave me. http://theoldcomputer.com/Libarary's/Emulation/NES/ROMs/NES_roms_summary.htm Thanks again to somebody that can fill me in on how to use this site.

you will need an emulator first. this is the program you play the rom in. find a good one that works with your OS and then download the roms. inside the emulator there will be a menu option to "open" point that to whatever game you want to play and your off. i had an nes, snes, n64 and sega emulator on my desktop

Thanks a lot beason. I love those old systems. Memories...

So basically when it asks for a place to put the stuff, send it to the desk top?

MAME is a great emulator. I haven't played for a long time, but I've been thinking of dusting it off for the winter.

EDIT: I wasn't reading thoroughly,you're talking about game SYSTEMS, MAME is for the old arcade games. Finding the roms for them was hard the last time I was using it.

Last edited:
i made a folder for each system, and put the emulator and roms in it. then i could open the folder and had the emulator and the roms all in one place.

Back