Used revo tuning

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lit549

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Well,prob a well repeated question..But,,bought this revo followed advice on youtube and owners manual on tuning..Had it running great..One thing is,it drips oil constantly like its too rich..I set idle a 1-2 mm gap and 4out on hsv,lsv 1.5 trns out..It wont run unless i lean the hsv..Runs pretty good,just enough smoke but not to lean..BUT it still dripps oil and it keeps frying glow plugs..I'm a hotrodder and can usually tune stuff,but this things pissin me off!lol,,,its traxxas super-duty long medium plugs..20%odonnel fuel..Ez start setup..any suggestiins??The best pinch test i could get was about 4 seconds before it dies..No matter what i did couldnt get it better..

i would try going to a hotter plug i have a revo 2.5r and i was doing the same thing till i put the hotter glow plug in it

So is the problem that your blowing plugs and it's dripping oil?

Where is it dripping out? And can u get a hold of a temp gun? Maybe u need to lean it out on hsn. Check temps, go from there

I would recommend sealing the motor first, I got a used revo with the 3.3 the other day and couldnt keep it running was super touchy to get it to start had the LSN like 4 turns out, but sealed it and put back to stock settings and started up in the first blip of the EZstart. highly recommend it

It it's frying glow plugs, it's likely too lean . . . probably because you are leaning it out trying to stop the drip. If you are confident this is not the case, go a slightly cooler plug.

Set your HSN where it should be and your LSN where it has the right punch off the line and the pinch test indicates you are on the money.

Leak from the bottom of the ezy start? If so, mine did that - probably getting a bit of blow out from the rear bearing. Drill a hole in the bottom of the ezy start housing so the oil can escape and have a rag handy = problem solved.

Nitros = messy :)

You never said where you dripping? From resonator ? I run 3 or 4 plugs depending on temp. Mine are tuned well and at times will drip from resonator. I run odonnel 20% or Traxxas 20%.

Check for fuel tank seal leaking! And or exhaust boot cut or loose. I had an issue of burning plugs no matter how rich i thought i was running because the fuel tAnk seal was leaking and stayed wet all down front of tank. It causes the rig to run too lean therefore burning plugs within a few tanks or less. Same as any air leak. If its sucking air somewhere your running lean weather you think you are or not. And overheating too probably.

Back