Upgraded SCX10 driveshafts?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoodiE

Kind of good admin
Administrator
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I know MIP has a driveshaft set that would work, who else makes drive shafts for the Axial? What's the most recommended?

This might be the first integy part I've seen recommended on this site. :whhooo:

i didnt recomend it but it is another beside MIP lol.

RC4WD is sold out. I know I'm gonna get grilled for this, but I ordered the integy from my LHS today...

i wont say much about it, Integy DOES have some good things for really cheap, their motors are the best bang for you buck for a crawler without a doubt.

It's not a bad idea to support your lhs. I try to buy what I can there even if it is a bit more expensive for the instant gratification and to support their local road course outside of the store.

integy-drive-shaft.jpg

Well I ordered the Integy HD Universal Drive Shaft (Item #: INT C22886) from my LHS. Two days later I had them in my hand and I must say they do look like they are going to be able to perform very nicely on my SCX10 even with brushless power. The rest of my SCX10 gear should be here today or tomorrow and I can finish the build and test these drive shafts out.

The Integy drive shafts came in the package along with four rubber boots to protect the joints and four set screws. This is where I have beef with the Integy drive shaft so far... the screws are about 3 sizes to small. So small that when I tried to screw them in to attach the drive shaft the screws didn't even touch the threads on the shaft, just fell right into the hole.

I thought maybe I got a bum screw, nope all four are that way. Luckly my local hardware store had some stainless steel set screws that fit perfectly and I was able to get them installed on the axles of the SCX10 last night.

Other than that I am pleased, they look great and they feel pretty solid so I'm pretty happy with them. I can't wait to get the truck done so I can test them out.

-Michael