updated K5.9 video

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boody1981

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
alright got a bit better video with my savage X and new 5.9 engine

Last edited by a moderator:
And these 5.9's fit the 25's right? :) Great video and some nice air time. The next one is gonna have some big air jumps right?

It looks and sounds better than the last vid, nice truck!

Thanks, yeah I'll bring it to the skate park tomorrow or the next day if I'm not wakeboarding and take some monster jumps with it.

and yes they fit right into the 25's. Mine was a direct drop in.

Thanks, yeah I'll bring it to the skate park tomorrow or the next day if I'm not wakeboarding and take some monster jumps with it.

and yes they fit right into the 25's. Mine was a direct drop in.

sweet! guess it's time to save for that back-up mill, lol.

haha quick order one now while the wife/girlfriend is sleeping.

Hate to spoil your video but could do that with a k4.6, and power wheelly down hill

Looks quick, I do not think a 4.6 will run with it.

The only way to find out I guess is to run side by side and see but have seen that 3 spd. tranny with the 4.6 moves and also seen that 5.9 move to. As mention side by side race with the right gearing in each truck

Yeah I would dangle with any 4.6, but unfortunatley they would be disapointed with thier truck when we got done!
I would really like to know what the gear ratio is with the 3rd gear in a 3 speed tranny and 2nd gear in a 2 speed tranny. There might not be much of a difference there?? But if there is, you could be looking at some pretty wicked top speed.

FYI. I radar ran my K5.9 yesterday on the highway with 47/20 gearing and it ran 50.0 mph. That was all I could get out of it. So if anyone has radar ran a higher speed than that I would like to know how!!! haha.
Oh, that was with a 2 speed tranny.

Back