UPDATE..New Baby Savage build

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rolex

Hoof Hearted
In Memoriam
Supporter
Military Veteran
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Flying
Here she is, hugging her big brother for the first time.

BlkSil2.jpg

View from the top.

Blk3.jpg

I might be doing this front tank conversion. I need some info on where to mount the small radio box.

Blk5.jpg

Blk4.jpg

Anyone know who made these?
Blk1.jpg

Blk2.jpg

The TVPs are the same extended plates that are on the other Savage, from Fast Lane Machine.
I was at HobbyTown USA today picking up some parts and some purple fuel line. :D

I see some dust on the yellow one.

LMAO. I took it with me to the hobby shop today. I actually had to set it on the ground to open my door. I'll be spending most of tomorrow cleaning it, but I did get it up to just over 70 MPH today. :D

LMAO. I took it with me to the hobby shop today. I actually had to set it on the ground to open my door. I'll be spending most of tomorrow cleaning it, but I did get it up to just over 70 MPH today. :D

Did you strap it in to the passenger seat? Wrap it in bubble wrap for the ride?

I still kick myself in the butt for posting that thing but glad it got a good home...lol. She is a cute little one.

Hey Ralph, just a suggestion... Plasti-Dip the fuel tank to keep with the black theme. Probably should cut out a vertical strip after drying so you can view your fuel lev.... nevermind. Just dip it. :D

You should have the purple parts anodized in black.

Hey Ralph, just a suggestion... Plasti-Dip the fuel tank to keep with the black theme. Probably should cut out a vertical strip after drying so you can view your fuel lev....

That's an EXCELLENT thought and I have the black Plasti-dip in a spray can.

I can also tell you what he DOESN'T have in them...

FUEL! :D
Why is everyone laughing. What's so funny? :D

WoW, that yellow is sick, doin the suspension conversions on my x and xl also, what did you use for fuel line? looks like aluminum tubing but dosent the pulse line get super hot?

you can tie the tank with rit die just like wheels and other stuff. It wont be black, but it will be a dark smoke color, and still be able to see how much fuel is in it. (like it will ever see fuel...)

I'm going with electric for now and might convert it to brushless Lipo power later on. Here's the motor mount, but it's not a direct fit for the FLM plates or the nitro trans. Gear cover won't work either, but I'll just fiddle with it and still use the 2 speed with a mechanical reverse.

012.jpg

Wheels are in. Chrome rims with purple spokes. Hot Bodies Predators.
022.jpg

Wheels with IMEX Rock Crawler tires.

044.jpg

Hmmm..... may not watch this build to completion. Purple sickness - :puke:

J/K No offense Ralph,I know you'll do an awesome job. The purple issue is personal thing :)

When it is done you can name it The Purple Nitro Eater.....that is if you could find a place indoors to run it and not get such a pretty thing dirty.

Sorry, Racer. I had forgotten about your distaste of purple.
On my yellow Savage, all the stock purple pieces were de-anodized, since I didn't want any part of it.
That one is now about 80/20 silver to yellow, and this one will be more like 95/5 black to purple.
If it didn't have the ano purple upgrade parts already installed, I probably would have gone with red or blue.
I have to say, though, against all that black, those little purple highlights actually look good.

When it is done you can name it The Purple Nitro Eater.....that is if you could find a place indoors to run it and not get such a pretty thing dirty.

hehehe.....
I just bought a new vacuum cleaner a few days ago. Shouldn't be any problem running it inside. :hehe:

Okay, made some decisions today and ordered some Fast Lane Machine parts.
Instead of the above electric conversion, I'll save it for the dual prop catamaran it was intended for.
I just ordered the brushless motor mount conversion since I already have this setup, that DIDN'T go into a boat:

ESC.jpg

what did you use for fuel line? looks like aluminum tubing but dosent the pulse line get super hot?

Correct, it's polished aluminum tubing.
I haven't noticed a problem with the heat.
As a matter of fact, it's never gone above room temperature. :D

Ordered the alloy big bore shocks today.

Back