United you and I will stand in videos!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

newnitro2020

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
I have been doing some studies of nitro engines deeply now because almost to the point that I think I have everything right. So I discuss what I think how things are going to happen as far as the video I'm going to do some day soon regarding tuning this Kyosho buggy. A lot that I say is in the video not in this text.

Last edited:
nitro engines can be tricky. I'm not that great at tuning them. Keep at it though :)

Nitro fuel is an 02 enriched/saturated fuel. At its core is methanol; a form of alcohol. The advantages to alcohol fuels is that you get evaporative cooling due to evaporation of the intake (air) charge and it helps keep the piston cool. It also has a high resistance to spontaneous combust; commonly called octane rating in gasoline. The down side is it has less potential energy than gasoline; this is why fuel mileage suffers when running E85 in your car or pickup.
Methanol basically has pure Oxygen mixed in to it. It’s a fuel that provides its own oxygen.
I hope this explains the fuel side of it. I will get on later and explain the engine operation and why the nitro RC turbos, super chargers, and nitrous are all gimmicks and a complete waste of money. And why they are so touchy with the carb tuning

Nitro fuel is an 02 enriched/saturated fuel. At its core is methanol; a form of alcohol. The advantages to alcohol fuels is that you get evaporative cooling due to evaporation of the intake (air) charge and it helps keep the piston cool. It also has a high resistance to spontaneous combust; commonly called octane rating in gasoline. The down side is it has less potential energy than gasoline; this is why fuel mileage suffers when running E85 in your car or pickup.
Methanol basically has pure Oxygen mixed in to it. It’s a fuel that provides its own oxygen.
I hope this explains the fuel side of it. I will get on later and explain the engine operation and why the nitro RC turbos, super chargers, and nitrous are all gimmicks and a complete waste of money. And why they are so touchy with the carb tuning
Are the nitro superchargers still a thing? I would have thought that was a fad that played out by now lol

Are the nitro superchargers still a thing? I would have thought that was a fad that played out by now lol
Sadly they are. Not nearly as popular though. But the carb is not a blow through design, the fuel tank is not sealed and is plastic, and the engine is 2 stroke. what does that mean? What ever pressure the charger makes, it’s going to go straight out the exhaust, and/or it’s going to expand the tank/lift the lid to the tank. Plus, there is no way to increase the fuel rate because of the carb design and the tank not being able to be pressurized.

Sadly they are. Not nearly as popular though. But the carb is not a blow through design, the fuel tank is not sealed and is plastic, and the engine is 2 stroke. what does that mean? What ever pressure the charger makes, it’s going to go straight out the exhaust, and/or it’s going to expand the tank/lift the lid to the tank. Plus, there is no way to increase the fuel rate because of the carb design and the tank not being able to be pressurized.
I mean it makes for a good grill 🤪 🤣

2 stroke operation. In the head, towards the top of the cylinder bore, you have the intake port. This is where incoming air and fuel is sucked in to the piston bore. Near the bottom of the bore you have an exhaust port. The piston has a longer skirt. The piston it’s self closes off/seals off these ports. As the piston moves down the bore, the intake port is exposed to the top side of the piston. At this point most of the fuel/air mixture has been burned. The piston continues moving down the bore, pulling in air/fuel mixture. At the bottom of the piston stroke, the exhaust port is exposed, allowing the contents of the bore (exhaust gasses and some raw air/fuel) to begin evacuating the bore. As the piston begins to travel back up the bore on the compression stroke, it pushes the exhaust out of the bore. Moving past the exhaust port, not stopping the exhaust process. While both ports are “open” or exposed, the pressure difference causes a Venturi, pulling In more intake air/fuel. This is called scavenging. The piston moves past the intake port, sealing off the bore. The piston continues to move to top dead center, compressing the air and fuel mixture. The fuel ignites via a spark plug, or on the case of an RC engine, via compression (like a Diesel engine). As the fuel and air burn, the flame front pushes the piston back down the bore. Intake, exhaust, compression, and power strokes happen in 2 strokes of the piston. Where as on a 4 stroke engine, each of these events happen on individual strokes. The exhaust port not being sealed after the bottom of the piston skirt moves past it is the reason there is not oil in the crank case like on your car/truck engine. The scavenging effect is also the reason why superchargers, turbo chargers and nitrous are absolutely pointless on a 2stroke engine as a power added. All the boost will go right out the tail pipe. So how do you make more power? Refer to the fuel explanation I gave earlier. The fuel it’s self is oxygen enriched. So the fuel provides the additional oxygen to support more power than just gasoline can provide.

Great info @More_Power thanks for sharing.
I'm still trying to get what is he saying?
Post automatically merged:

2 stroke operation. In the head, towards the top of the cylinder bore, you have the intake port. This is where incoming air and fuel is sucked in to the piston bore. Near the bottom of the bore you have an exhaust port. The piston has a longer skirt. The piston it’s self closes off/seals off these ports. As the piston moves down the bore, the intake port is exposed to the top side of the piston. At this point most of the fuel/air mixture has been burned. The piston continues moving down the bore, pulling in air/fuel mixture. At the bottom of the piston stroke, the exhaust port is exposed, allowing the contents of the bore (exhaust gasses and some raw air/fuel) to begin evacuating the bore. As the piston begins to travel back up the bore on the compression stroke, it pushes the exhaust out of the bore. Moving past the exhaust port, not stopping the exhaust process. While both ports are “open” or exposed, the pressure difference causes a Venturi, pulling In more intake air/fuel. This is called scavenging. The piston moves past the intake port, sealing off the bore. The piston continues to move to top dead center, compressing the air and fuel mixture. The fuel ignites via a spark plug, or on the case of an RC engine, via compression (like a Diesel engine). As the fuel and air burn, the flame front pushes the piston back down the bore. Intake, exhaust, compression, and power strokes happen in 2 strokes of the piston. Where as on a 4 stroke engine, each of these events happen on individual strokes. The exhaust port not being sealed after the bottom of the piston skirt moves past it is the reason there is not oil in the crank case like on your car/truck engine. The scavenging effect is also the reason why superchargers, turbo chargers and nitrous are absolutely pointless on a 2stroke engine as a power added. All the boost will go right out the tail pipe. So how do you make more power? Refer to the fuel explanation I gave earlier. The fuel it’s self is oxygen enriched. So the fuel provides the additional oxygen to support more power than just gasoline can provide.
If you're talkin about that you thought that I was trying to figure out how the Piston sleeve work on an engine that's not what I mean. What I meant was I was, trying to let people know that I think I almost got the idea of how to tune a Nitro engine which has nothing to do with what anything that you're saying.

Last edited:
Best way to grasp what he is talking about @newnitro2020 is research each and every statement he made. It's obvious @More_Power is knowledgeable and I look forward to his post's.
He shared some great info and sometimes it's a bit hard to understand but stay with it, it will come to you and you will understand it more and more.
I am impressed with your enthusiasm however and I am glad you are sticking with it.
Before you know it, you will be sharing some valuable information with others.

Best way to grasp what he is talking about @newnitro2020 is research each and every statement he made. It's obvious @More_Power is knowledgeable and I look forward to his post's.
He shared some great info and sometimes it's a bit hard to understand but stay with it, it will come to you and you will understand it more and more.
I am impressed with your enthusiasm however and I am glad you are sticking with it.
Before you know it, you will be sharing some valuable information with others.
All right I'll look into this later. It's just that my reading is different so and the comprehension and what he was saying. I don't have to break it in Parts really look to look it up. Thank you for the constructive criticism.

How you been Newnitro ,your foot feeling any better today?... :cool:
I've been okay strangely my foot's getting better. But I still need to see a professional no thanks to my family doctor.

I'm also working on how to get an idea on bench tuning and I think I got it from a video I saw. Son was actually getting ready to be active on this forums anyway. I hope you're doing well sir.

I've been okay strangely my foot's getting better. But I still need to see a professional no thanks to my family doctor.

I'm also working on how to get an idea on bench tuning and I think I got it from a video I saw. Son was actually getting ready to be active on this forums anyway. I hope you're doing well sir.

Good to hear Bruh!.. :thumbs-up:

Back