Unable to find a fuel tank for my HPI RS4

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
some rusty piece of metal came out of my tank when I cleaned it out so I don't trust it.

ok. my savage isn't so I had to ask.
Your savage tanks outlet isn't on the bottom? Really how's that work for ya? Where's the outlet??
It is the metal keeper for the internal filter ,can pluck it out an run a external filter ,had to do that with my Mgt. tanks!..šŸ‘
Never thought of that. Didn't know hpi ran builtin filters. Was thinking it might have been the screw from hold foam seal to lid or something else. Interesting

It is the metal keeper for the internal filter ,can pluck it out an run a external filter ,had to do that with my Mgt. tanks!..šŸ‘
oh! there's also a crack in the tank hard to see. thought it would be better to get another one than repair.
Your savage tanks outlet isn't on the bottom? Really how's that work for ya? Where's the outlet??

Never thought of that. Didn't know hpi ran builtin filters. Was thinking it might have been the screw from hold foam seal to lid or something else. Interesting
here you go stoner since you think I'm talking out my ass or something

Attachments

• 20220410_144523[1].jpg
    20220410_144523[1].jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 53
  • 20220410_144530[1].jpg
    20220410_144530[1].jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 46
oh! there's also a crack in the tank hard to see. thought it would be better to get another one than repair.

Well I didn't think you were talking out your ass first of all. But that's weird you only can run half tanks. Hmmm
Well I didn't think you were talking out your ass first of all. But that's weird you only can run half tanks. Hmmm
Makes no sense

Guessing it has a pick up line inside
If it doesn't could always make one for it.

Easy turbo just trying to help you out
And normally I donā€™t talk out my ass it just likes to throw up now and again

I set an order for a new tank for my HPI RS4 in the beginning of January and it was supposed to be in stock in February. That never happened, and it is now April. Does anyone know where I could get one? This tank seems pretty specific...
I saw one today on ebay for $30

Yup I posted it for him

So do you have a way to messure the tank? This is the redcat set up. Pretty sure it will work for ya doesn't have the primer. But you. An get a primer ball for the fuel line..same thing

Thinking this redcat tank is the same tank.
Sometimes got to go out side the box for stuff
There is a red cat that is cloned the rs4.

I almost bought it but thats a bit high. Maybe when I am desperate.

There is a guy that has a vid about that half tank problem ,I would have to go back an see it again ,he is
a light person an knows a lot about tuning!..šŸ‘
I never had the Hoi ,so I don't know about the half tank bog!..šŸ¤”šŸ˜Ž

i got the measurements here in inches and metric

Length: 2.005/51mm
Width: 1.476/37.7mm
For the height, I took a measurement from the top not including the structure for the cap to the bottom, as from the same top to the round boss for the fuel line. Smaller number is obviously not over that boss.
Height: 1.89/2.15;/47.56/54.8

I set an order for a new tank for my HPI RS4 in the beginning of January and it was supposed to be in stock in February. That never happened, and it is now April. Does anyone know where I could get one? This tank seems pretty specific...
Would the hpi nitro mt 100cc fit I know rs4 is a 75cc

I use that exact tank on my HPI Nitro 3 drift and it's a perfect fit. Has the primer on it too. Mine has exactly 1 gallon through it no issues.

In the same boat.

Just to let you know, HSP fuel tank is a straight fit, and costs $3 on aliexpress.

We are lucky that HSP copied RS4 design very accurately, so almost all parts are interchangeable.

Good luck!

Back