Ultra MBX Pro opinions inside........

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lason

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hey guys, I'm looking to get an 1/8 scale car and the Ultra MBX Pro caught my eye, or should I say the price did. For $359 I can get a RTR kit from tower and that is cheaper than a Inferno or a 9.5. I'm just wondering how competative I will be at the track with this car. Thanks in advance.....
Lason

I've been looking at the MBX to 2 days now drooling..... I've been an electric kinda guy forever but I'm feeling the need for NITRO!!!!!

From the extremely little amount I know about Nitro this seems liek the one I'm going to get. Theres a Ultra LX Pro that Tower has for $309 that looks like its the same buggy as the MBX except for a Grey Chassis instead of Blue and Black tirs rather than Yellow and Blue.

I can't decide between the two.:doh:

if you're talkign about the 9.5 MBX in this article:

http://www.rccaraction.com/rc/articles/ofna95mbx.asp

I have to agree on the drooling. I, however, don't have $500 in cabage to throw at it. I donno what the other guys think of it, but it seems to be the choice for 1/8th buggies.

As far as nitro goes... if it's not nitro, it belongs in walmart :x

hahaha somehoe I read your post and thought it was the thread. I'm sorry... so dumb of me :D

Whats with all the Ofna talk at this board? Ofna's blow. They are a hair above the Dura Traxx Axis. The have a good pro model but if your gonna shell out that kinda dough might as well get something a little more competitve. Let the Ofna's fanboys say what they will............they are just mad cuz there buggy is weak sauce.

Sorry just needed to get my contraversial issue in for the day................ahhhhhhhhhh I feel much better. Now someone fricking argue with me.:angry:

posted wrong spot

Last edited:
humboldtblazer, I donno how I missed you reply. wasn't till rob brought this thread back to life that I saw it.

What do you suggest? Whats a good buggy for the buck? OFNA is all I've read about. koysho is a good band?

I found this one on tower:

Kyosho Inferno MP-7.5 Sport/GS .21R

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXANJ1&P=0

for $400, it only need a radio it sounds like. I want a 1/8 buggy so bad I'm selling my gaming PC for one. :D

Last edited:
If you get the Inferno Sport and plan to do upgrading later you will be sorry. It uses a different chasis and is not counter sunk for the low CG like the regular Inferno and Kani editions. Buggies are pretty pricey to get into so I say if your gonna do it start with a good $500 kit that you can at least have the option to upgrade to a pro level later (and just because the model has "pro" in the title doesn't mean it is). Do the research yourself because I will tell you to get a GS Storm Pro or Inferno because I think they are 2 of the best buggies on the market. This is a good page to start you decison making.

real buggies

Well...my friend has a Ultra MBX with a .21 Picco Engine. It blows fat chuncks! I can beat him and hes the same ability driver as me. I drive his buggy and he whoops me with my own Rustler. Get something good. I heard the XTM X-Terminator with the XTM 24.7 engine is KIK ASS!
[move]-Kellen[/move]

I'm sorry to be a grave digger here but I was running a google search for "Kyosho Inferno MP-7.5 Sport/GS .21R" and this was listed in that search. Pretty cool beans.

I also found one at Yahoo in Portuguise (sp)

Thanks for the link but I had already found that one. I was merely replying to this thread because Google listed it and these are my home stomping grounds.

This month's Xtreme RC Cars has a test drive on the MP7.5 sport, fairly medium results, lots of 8's out of 10, there's an MBX5 review in there too and tons of solid 9's.

My Ultra MBX R2 actually kicks some ass once I added a kickup and a few other things, a metal gear servo with alum servo horn, etc. I mainly run my newly obtained GS21B01 I got for $18 and it screams.

This months RC Car Action tested the same buggy almost straight 10's except in the engine department and chassis. The chassis was weaker then the other infernos(Kanai) and the engine was soft on the bottom end.

You guys have links available? Or are they published only in the mags??

hey guys what is yalls opinion of the duratrax axis buggy, i found a pair of rtr's for 450.00,i,m really getting confused,about the time i think i've chosen a car i change my mind after reading articles,also looking atofna 9.5 rtr with failsafe,storm rtr & keosho sprt rtr,looking for durability,speed & easy tuning 450.00 to 500.00 any advise would be greatful:doh: i'm getting a headache !

so you can get 2 Axis's for $450? That seems cheap. I personally would not buy that buggy but I have never seen or driven it. My main issue is that most local hobby shops don't carry DuraTrax items so hop-ups and replacement parts would be an online only type of deal.

is anybody here ?

:dumb:,oops my bad,what is your opinion on the other buggies