UDI Amphicyon

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K.O.D.

Functioning Psycho
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
New to the forums, new to RC. I bought one of these for my 6 year old nephew's birthday and I have to admit, it's quite good. I bought him the red Porsché, and after driving it I got myself the Lancia Delta HF Integralé.

I will say, the rubber tires suck. On the the highest speed level they are easily overpowered and makes it difficult to control. So difficult my Lancia slid off my driveway into the culvert in front of my house. Had to replace the ESC/receiver and steering servo. Was cheap and easy.

I can't imagine what the brushless version would be like. I'm hoping to find tire/wheel upgrades. A lift kit and some knobby tires and this would be great for some gravel or dirt.

20230927_173128.jpg
20230927_173133.jpg

A lot of fun for $90, my nephew loves it though it stays here where it won't get destroyed by bhis 3 siblings.

Anyone else have these? Haven't seen much aftermarket support.

I just saw those on Amain the other day and wondered about them. :thumbs-up:
They are a load of fun for the money, and have surprisingly good battery life. Having the three speed settings is nice for a 6 year old just learning. To be honest, even I don't use the highest speed setting unless I wanna do donuts, and even then, it's reminiscint of a dog chasing its tail.

I will neither of them had the wheel nuts on tight enough, so it was difficult at first to get a read on steering.

I also wonder if the radio is proprietary what with the speed settings. As I mentioned, there isn't any aftermarket support for it.

Back