Twin engine Tmaxx

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

561boost

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Hello everyone I'm trying to build a twin engine Tmaxx not sure if there is another post about this but I need all the help I can get!!! and I promise when i get all the info on this I'm going to make a detailed thread about it with pics.

the only thing I'm afraid of is the tuning of both engines!!!! any feed back will be appreciated any opinions are welcomed also good and bad
Thanks for all the help!!!!!!

Just tune the engines 1 at a time, 1 running the other not, x2. Then start both.
If you’re a decent tuner it’s really no more difficult than tuning 1, you just do it twice. Syncing both the carb throttle valves with the linkage to open and close exactly the same is more difficult than tuning.

Thanks for info have you done one before??

and linkages have to be precise if not its going to be a disaster!!!!!

I have done several twin engine builds.

is it worth it???
do you know any website that i can go to get a kit to set the two engines? and what engines do you think I should use?

by the way thanks for all the help I'm courious to see if its worth it or just a crazy idea!!!!

It depends on what you want to do with the build.
To be honest, a twin engine tmaxx is a novelty build. While it’s cool to have the 2 engines, it just isn’t practical on a tmaxx. If you want to do it just to say you did it, and for the WOW factor that’s one thing. But as far as performance is concerned a single high torque BB engine is a better option on a Tmaxx IMO.
Several companies use to make the twin engine conversion for the maxx but they have all been discontinued as far as I know, they just were not very popular or practical. You can still find them on ebay every so often these days.
If you use BB engines you can make a new longer chassis plate and rear skid plate to fit the 2 engines a lot cheaper than the conversion kits would be.
If you use SB engines you can actually mount 2 on the stock chassis with a little modification.

If you want a custom twin engine build and have the means, the cash and imagination to make it, the sky is the limit.
DSC07905.gif

Yo snook I love ya bro and no pun intended but I've done better photoshop pictures than than...:p

Sorry I've been at work but I honestly just want to do it to say I did it but I like the idea of a drag car twin motor!!! How blut the supercharger for the 3.3 what u think about that?

---------- Post added at 12:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:10 AM ----------

Car looks sick by the way!!!

Cool but not usefull,waste of money! Imo

transmited from a mobile communications device

Yea I've been reading about this and it is a waste of money but the xperience is priceless!!!

Yo snook I love ya bro and no pun intended but I've done better photoshop pictures than than...:p

Are you saying that is a fake picture? He builds his own custom chassis and fabs it all his self.

I can vouch for him. His knowledge far exceeds yours...
OBVIOUSlY

Snookman is a true guru and one very talented fabricator. For someone new to this or any other rc forum that doesn't know him to say that a posted pic of one of his projects is fake or photoshop is just stupid on the noobs part. Yes that photo is real along with the twin nova engine dragster chassis fabricated by snook to mount them on. There is a thread dedicated to the build of that project on here. Why dont you search it out and read the whole thing since your so quick to assume.

Ok, someone said the magic word. Time for a derail.:wban: :loser:

When you graduate from Photoshop, I’ll teach you how to build a real RC…:p:
...:first_place:...

People in this site actually do know how to build/fix and run a RC.
If your looking for jibber jabber, go to one of the other sites where you will fit in with all the other 14 year old RC gurus.

:wedgie: :bowned: :clap:

Last edited:
Sorry I've been at work but I honestly just want to do it to say I did it but I like the idea of a drag car twin motor!!! How blut the supercharger for the 3.3 what u think about that?

Superchargers (or Stupidchargers as we call them) also are a novelty item. They look cool but do not work like you think they would with a 2 stroke nitro engine.
They are an easy way to kill an engine.

Jeez fellas sorry to have offended the whole neighborhood... Lol I'm not trying to say that he doesn't know his stuff I am sure he knows plenty more than I. I am also not saying that the build is not real, what I am saying is that looks like a fake background in the picture. Simply that. No need to send rounds down range yet... DAMN (hands up and backing off)

Jeez fellas sorry to have offended the whole neighborhood...

what I am saying is that looks like a fake background in the picture. Simply that.
The BACKGROUND looks PhotoShopped? It looks like it's sitting on a piece of carpet, to me. Why would you accuse him of faking a build because of its background?
Remove foot from mouth and explain it to the whole neighborhood, please.

Status
Not open for further replies.