Tutorial : Brake disc

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

petal2thametal

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
this is how to make a real looking brake disc behind the wheels

1.) Find a DVD or CD (make sure its a old one so no one will notice you have killed their CD)

2.) If you look close at the centre of the CD/DVD you will see that there is a small indent (shown in picture)

3.) Cut as accurate as you can around this indent. The CD can crack so take it in sections.

4.) Once you have done this take a small file and clean up the edges and try and make it as round as possible.

5.) You can either paint the ring or cover it in chrome take like i have (this can be purchased at most hobby stores, it is designed for RC plains

6.) If you have used chrome tape like me cut away the access tape

7.) Use a black marker to draw dots on (as is the rotor has been drilled for cooling) You could also put lines on the rotor to give it a "slotted" look

8.) Now glue the rotor on the inside of you wheel like shown in the picture

9.) There you have it! A realistic looking rotor!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sorry about the pic's showing all mixed up. can't seem to get it in order. very weird. but. you all can read i hope hehe. numbers wil tell ya what pic belongs to the number tutorial

the pics and info are from a rc website. dont know it anymore. had this all saved on cd. so credit to them

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    5.7 KB · Views: 68
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    5.5 KB · Views: 71
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    4.2 KB · Views: 81
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    4.5 KB · Views: 59
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 100
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    2.7 KB · Views: 72
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    4.1 KB · Views: 107
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 68
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:
Nice!
Where did you find this info?
If its your original idea Good Job.
If its someone else's please give them credit.
-Ed

i came up with the idea for brake disc and rollcage a year a go. was only a little different then the tutorials shown here.
the tutorials posted here was from a cool web site i came acros that had the same ideas and few others. i dont know what it was anymore cause i reinstalled windows. i saved the pics and info on cd. wanted to share it with you guys.

Great stuff keep it coming.
You may want to mention that you got them from another site but don't remember where. I would hate to have the author get bent over using his picks and not giving him credit.

Back