Turnbuckles

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bifft it

RCTalk Addict
Military Veteran
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Recieved these yesterday for turnbuckles. 3.5, 4 and 5mm slots. think i paid $6 a piece for them. its a very nice tool and will come in useful since the turnbuckles on all my RC are 5mm
Team Losi Racing TLR99102

Attachments

• IMG_1543.JPG
    IMG_1543.JPG
    188.2 KB · Views: 180
They come in handy and make life easier that's for sure.

My Lunsford turnbuckles came with a slotted wrench ,an yes ,it makes it a lot easier instead of fumbling
with pliers in which some cases ,causes you to forget which way to turn them!...Lol .....Like me...:eek:

I tried to make a turnbuckle wrench, but failed miserably the other day
at the time i was too lazy to get the cutting torch out and cut me a decent chunk of metal from stock. I have some 6mm turnbuckles, but a wrench from my toolbox works on them.

these are the steering arms on my rigs. the 2 adjustable lower control arm end put together with a turnbuckle
dont have any stock steering arms anymore. but the aluminum one is pretty close to stock size

Attachments

• turnbuckle.PNG
    turnbuckle.PNG
    1.4 MB · Views: 179
Last edited:
The tool sets for carburetor have some real small wrenches depending on the tool suppliers. Mine are from craftsman... But this is WAY before craftsman fell from grace to the pile of Chinese crap that they are passing off as 'quality' these days!!!

Yea...craftsman has become pretty pathetic
I spent $1500 on a Pro toolbox a couple years ago and the craftsmanship is utterly pathetic. I could have bought a bigger good quality box from my local hardware store for almost the same price at the time.
20 years ago Sams club was selling these Stainless toolboxes for $800. I bought one cause , being a trucker at the time, Stainless was godly.
been the best toolbox set i have ever had

I have a couple top and bottom snap offs... They were stupidly overpriced as is everything with them... However these boxes are now over 20 years old and are in EXCELLENT condition still. They have certainly performed to and exceeded every expectation. Just like their tools. Super expensive, yep... Get the job done? Every time! Working as a mechanic as well as a few other jobs requiring tools, I don't need a lifetime warrantee on junk! I need a tool that DOESN'T break and gets the job finished. Period!
For a long time, you COULD buy good tools from craftsman But those dates are LONG gone at this point. Its really unfortunate that Sears chose to go the "made in China" route. The only thing I have purchased there was a bottom box for my girlfriend's tools (gave her an older craftsman top and proceeded to FILL it to the gills with tools) and have purchased things like buffing wheels and compounds, solder, sawblades etc... All 'wear' items.

same here.
Local hardware store also sells K&T tools. very nice, american made but can get pricey. but they are good tools

I have to admit, I still do find myself checking out the occasional tools here and there at are above and beyond what I may NEED because they are just so damned nice! :hehe:

Back