Turnbuckle Ball End Binding Issue

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DarthRacer

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I just picked up a set of the GPM TI turnbuckles. I noticed during the install that they bind on the hub carriers and do not allow full suspension travel.

Can anyone suggest a different set of ball ends for these rods?

Can you link me to the turnbuckles in question so I can see what they look like?

I installed a Lunsford TI set on my savage and have no problems.

Those are some beefy rod ends. Perhaps it is in your set-up. Did you put the turnbuckles on top of or on the bottom of the knuckle arm?

I run the Lunsford ends and balls provided. I'd supply a link to the set I used, but for some reason their site is showing up as not available.

I'll check later tonight and post a link with images, but I suggest checking to make certain you have mounted your turnbuckles to the bottom side of the knuckle.

The kit I placed on my Savage is the one listed at the bottom of this page (CLICK HERE)

I did mount them on the bottom of the knuckle. Damn cheap POS GPM stuff. I think I'm going to get the Lunsford set. Do you know how long the rods are? I just might buy the basic set and use the stock links.

Thanks Sky

Ummmm....according to the link I provided, they are 92mm. :D

Oh yeah, duh.
I wonder if the stock length is better or the 92mm. Guess it dosen't matter.

Thanks man. :p

The 92mm is made up for by the beefier rod ends. Trust me, this set is rock solid, and the rod ends are longer than stock. It is money well spent.

Back