turbo button question

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Macguyver

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
is it possible to modify a turbo button to accept standard plugs ????

i could get a standard button for around 30$( dont know about the shipping ) ...from the research I've done , having a turbo head doesn't increase the power that much and the plugs are not cheap either .......i would preffer to just use standard plugs ...and if its possible to modify the button to take them would be cool ...i could save 30$ or so

the engine is a wasp .28 ...model 80500....i know they dont make them anymore and parts are hard to find for them

would .28 head buttons from other brands fit on it?? ...i know mine has 6 screw holes ...and the others i saw had only 4( was half the price to ) ...but i could always drill more holes to make it fit ..

is all that possible ???

Last edited:
It wouldn't work too well. You would have to spot face the seat so the seal ring would have a flat surface seal on but then it would be too thin and the plug would protrude too far into the combustion chamber.

I'd bet there's standard plug button that would interchange but I can't say which one. The only advantage to the turbo plug IMO is for the racer's so they don't have to bother with the extra seal ring.

thanks for the info Racer ;) ....

i was able to find some turbo plugs at a decent price on ebay ...that was the main reason i wanted to change to standard plugs ...turbo ones are not cheap ...so ill try it like that and see how it goes

Back