Tuning t-maxx 3.3

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rcracer4567

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I just recently bought my first nitro rc car. I bought the t-maxx with the 3.3 engine. I broke the motor in and now want to tune the motor. The car is sluggish on the start. Whats the best way to fix this problem?

Try these. Nitro tuning tips and flow chart. Or nitro performance tuning guide. I dont have a computer, just droid or i would post a link. I have a 3.3. Tough at first. start by setting idle at .7-1mm" paperclip"
Adjust hsn like a clock one hour at a time till no performance increase. Then back off 1/8-1/4turn. Dont want to starve engine of lube. Then same with lsn. Lsn can be tested by temp" after wot wait 10 sec. Temp should drop 1degree every 3-4 sec. Or pinch test" pinch fuel line 3-4" from carb. Engine should speed up slightly then die. Hope this helps..

Make sure the high speed needle is set first, then make sure you have the proper idle gap. Once those two are complete you can start turning the low needle in very small increments until it gets a nice clean idle with little or no 'loading' up.....in other words, if it idles for 5 seconds, it should be able to snap right off the line with no hesitation.