tuning 3.3

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

m1000snopro

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hey Guys, I'm about to buy a tmaxx 3.3 but I'm a little worried on the tuning of these trucks, is it fairly simple or complicated? this is the only thing holding me back from getting one tonight! thanks guys

thanks I think I'm going to run to town tomorrow and pick one up I have a lot to learn I have always had the the electric emaxx I'm excited to learn about them

Nitro can have it's hassles and problems but once you get a handle on the tuning and the ins and outs its a awesome side of the hobby. It does require maintenance more so than the electric side. But it's totally worth every minute. I have just started with the electric scale crawler side of the hobby. If I had to pick only one I would still take nitro over the electric.

I'm old school nitro who has just recently got into electrics. With that being said, I will never NOT have my nitros. The sound, the smell is part of the experience. I highly recommend them. Plus, learning to tune and maintain is great. The mechanics is part of the great fun. I personally love to turn wrenches. So, get it! Jump on in, the water is fine!!!

Now that someone has mentioned the smell, has anyone tried the fuel scent additives from Parma international? I have cotton candy, as well as a couple others I can't find. Make my exhaust smell nice.

I want to try the "flavors" but.....I absolutely love the way Byrons smells. But, I love the smell of WD-40 also...

Funny I like the smell of burnt welding rods, diesel, dirt, and Copenhagen.

UMMM SKOAL MINT for me LOL!!!:hehe: Anyone got a link for the smell good additive for the fuel?

Funny I like the smell of burnt welding rods, diesel, dirt, and Copenhagen.
I hear ya there I love the smell of stuff like that! I'm really excited to get mine in I ordered it this morning what do I need to do to winterize. I live where the snow is not shy so I would like to play in the snow a little I don't want to bury it in the snow but be able to go through it with out messing it up? thank sfor your guys help.

Here's my Savage ripping through the snow, dust free.

Savvy_in_Snow.jpg

Back