tuned pipe mid - high range

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cdc2711

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hey guys, I'm looking for a good mid to high range pipe for a .26 or .28 engine. I was looking at an ofna jp2 pipe but its too expensive, do you know of a pipe that gives similar performance to the jp2 pipe but is cheaper. Here's a link to the ofna pipes http://www.ofna.com/pipes-18.html , there's an 807 pipe on there and I've found it for a good price and I'm wondering is it any good compared to the jp2, here it is http://cgi.ebay.ie/OFNA-10076-H-Ano...Control_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4157d92681 ,
I don't really want the pipe to be strictly high range I want it to have a bit of of mid range aswell. Would the dynamite 086 provide this http://cgi.ebay.ie/Dynamite-1-8-086...Control_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5d2f25159a .

Any suggestions from you guys would really be appreciated, hope you can point me in the right direction.

Is the jp2 just a renamed 086 pipe, if so does that mean the jp1 is an 007 pipe and the jp3 is an 053 pipe. Be good if it was cause all these different pipe name are starting to get very confusing.

the thing is that there isnt so much a specific pipe for a specific range based on displacement. there are pipes that work well with certain engines. you will get a lot more opinions if you list a couple of the engines on here, and your starting method (bump vs other). while i don't know too much about it i know that it has a lot to do with bore, stroke, port count, displacement, manifold length, and most importantly, application.

Thanks Stroytika, the engines I will be using it on are the hpi f4.6, the ofna omega x2 .26 and a gs racing B03 .21. I think from what I gather the omega engine is just a rebadged picco outlaw, not sure though.

The 086 pipe is a mid to high end pipe, it works well on engines that have a good bottom end to start with. It would work ok with the 4.6, the .26's will love it, the .21 should be fine on it as well

Thanks, ill probably end up going with the 086 so, but I can't help looking at the 807 pipe its cheaper and comes with a header aswell, but if the performance isn't as good as the 086 ill leave it. Have you tried the 807?

Sorry for all the questions but would I get any top end with an 053 pipe, I have a losi ht pipe from an xxl in the post but I read somewhere that its the same as the 053 pipe, is this true is it a good midrange pipe? Will I get torque or top end with it? Thanks in advance

I haven't played with the 807 at all. The 053 is best suited for bashing etc, it has an ok top end but the 086 would have a better top end. I have heard the losi pipe is similar to the ofna pipe but I can't remember which one. What's your price range? I have a pipe that will outperform any of the pipes listed here and will work great on most any engine as well.

I haven't played with the 807 at all. The 053 is best suited for bashing etc, it has an ok top end but the 086 would have a better top end. I have heard the losi pipe is similar to the ofna pipe but I can't remember which one. What's your price range? I have a pipe that will outperform any of the pipes listed here and will work great on most any engine as well.

My price range is about €30, what pipe is it you have??

it would be junk. i'm 100% basher and i run an 053 on my .26 maxx (header adapted). i went to it because the resonator is too high range. and the resonator is too restrictive for a big block. to be realistic you should budget half of your engines new in box value into its pipe.

My price range is about €30, what pipe is it you have??

Just click my banner and go to the pipes page, I have yet to hear of an engine that didn't like my pipes ;)

Thanks but your pipes are a bit out of my budget, maybe someday cause they do look good.
I think ill go with an 053 pipe since I don't race and it seems to be the best bet. I tried the resonator pipe on my f4.6 today for the laugh and it just strangled the engine, it had no power increase anywhere and made it run a little hotter than usual, I put back on the lst1 pipe and it was a relief. The lst2 ht pipe is on the way ill let you know what the difference is when I get it.
There's one thing that's bothering me though and its not related to pipes, when I turn right with my tmaxx (the one with the f4.6 in it) the engine accelerates or leans out and I can't figure out what's causing it because I've tried thee different radio sets and servos, a different fuel tank and pump and lines with no luck, is this just me or does anybody else have this problem.

heres a link to my truck
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mze7UmBTeVg"]YouTube - ‪T-Maxx rwd f4.6 savage engine‬‏[/ame]

it would be junk. i'm 100% basher and i run an 053 on my .26 maxx (header adapted). i went to it because the resonator is too high range. and the resonator is too restrictive for a big block. to be realistic you should budget half of your engines new in box value into its pipe.
How did the 053 fit on the maxx? Mine is backwards with the exhaust pipe location.