Tsunami Satellite Photos

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rolex

Hoof Hearted
In Memoriam
Supporter
Military Veteran
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Flying
The following link gives satellite images of the destruction left by the recent Tsunami. Click the 'before' and 'after' buttons to go back and forth in each photo. Click the 'next' button to view another photo. It's unbelievable devastation.

Tsunami Photos

Wow, I feel so blessed that we are safe for now. I hope all of you are doing ok.

Wow those are crazy before and after pics. My brother-in-law said he downloaded some movies people took on their camcorders. I have yet to see those (donno if I wanna), but the shear destruction this thing has cause it crazy.

On the human side of it, I can't even imagine what those people have lost. I feel real bad for em.

Wow, Just wow. Pure horror on that catastrophy. In Pic's 2 and 3 you can see the water pressure build up near the shore. I'm guessing thats what that is. Bless those ppl.

The destruction in those photos has left me sitting here in awe, for lack of a better word. Its horrible what has happened, and I don't think I'll move to florida any time soon.

I have 2 videos of Tsunami and uploaded.

Click below to view:
Video #1
Video #2

All I can say is HORRIBLE !

Make your donation here

Last edited:
The devastation was horrendous. Some of the pictures forwarded to me are some of the worst that I have ever seen of a disaster.

geez thats soo sad. they say that in a FEW years,when a volcano out in the canary islands blows a piece of the islands gonna break off sending a 200mph tsunami towards us.florida will be hit and the entire east coast. since we are directly across from there...i have family through marriage we sent $300+ whatever my aunt and uncle (the one whos daughter is married to the guy from Sri Lanka) sends... its terrible and this guys was crying because he couldn't find his mom.. but shes safe.

Yeah i saw those pics in school. Right now my class is trying to get at least $1000 to donate and then Intell(company) said they would double whatever we bring in! I think thats awesome.

crazy....good find rolex..i could not beleive that guy would still shoot the videos..

Insane vids & pics. Mother nature can truly be a devastating force. It is pretty wild to watch how fast the ocean rushes in. I have spent some time surfing and have definitely learned to respect mother ocean. I couldn't imagine a tsunami rushing in at 200mph. That will be worse than a Category 5 hitting the east coast. At least, w/ a hurricane people have some time to be prepared.

I know one good thing about this tsunami, is that it is bringing people from all over the world to help out. Hopefully this helpful unity can continue into other areas.

Later...

The second video certainly showed how un-prepared people were. They were just hanging out on the beach with everything looking fine. Then all of a sudden it was like a flash flood out of control. Very scarry stuff.

Good find Rolex, the towns are just gone. Plus the land is contaminated with salt, so all the plants will die.

Myjeep, those are great vids. In some places the water just rose up steadily like in those vids, then in other places it came ripping in as a 20-30 foot high wave going fast. Not many videos from there survived I guess. I did see one, showing a guy standing on the beach when a huge brown wave came in on him at probably 60 mph - he just disappeared.

Scootm, The first video is actually my home country. The second video is Thailand.

Back