trying to put a 3.5 on my 3.3 tmaxx

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

simpleman2774

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I just got a 3.5 or .26 ofna which ever you want to call it. I know it will work on my tmaxx just not sure what all I have to change to make it work. The engine mount was the first thing I saw and the starter to a pull start. Is there a special engine mount? Will my linkage work? Do I have to get another clutch bell ? Any answers to what I'm going to need would be appreciated..

I believe the .26 Max is 4.27 cc.

Also you need the engine mount for the Picco_Ofna,New Era mabey some others.The EZ start will work or you can use a pull start or a spin start.Everthing else should bolt right up.Do a search for Picco .26 Max threads and find all the info you need.

I tryed to bolt on the easy start but didn't work and the nut that bolts on the flywheel and clutch was to small to fit the .26...the shaft is just a little longer to.. the starting i will just go with a pull start but not sure about the rest.. any idea's??

Do you have the .26 Picco Maxx or just a plain Ofna .26? If what you have is the big Block then you will need a big block chassis. If not all you will been is the Ofna engine mount. If your EZ-start does not bolt right on then very likely you don't have the Picco Max. Post a picture of it the back should look like this.
eng-picco26max.jpg

No the one I got isn't the max its the big block..Heres a picture of what I got
.26.jpg .262.jpg I got the engine used and it was out of a tmaxx. I got it to see how it run befor I went out and got a new one

Back