Trying to get my Truck running agian...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ToTheMaxx

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I've had my T-Maxx stowed away for about a year and a half and trying to get it going again. Pulled ez start, engine, carb apart to make sure it all looked good and oiled the necessary. But can't seem to get her to turn over. Everything is charged; it won't do much at all. The ez start can't even turn, much less have it turn the engine. Any input? I've really get the bashin fever lately and want to get back into this hobby. Any input is appreciated.

Thanks.

remove the glow plug, turn the truck over and try and start it with the ez-start. This will remove all of the excessive lube and clear the mil. I bet your flooded.

I Can't even get it to give any action without any fuel. Ez start is not giving me any lights.

ok, i just had to deal with the same thing on 2 motors i had, pull themotor off, try to turn it over without the glow plug in it at the flywheel with plyers, but FIRST spray wd40 in there, you're problem is it was stored away and the gas turned into glue around the crank, if you spray wd40 down in the carb hole and in the glowplug hole and turn it over at the flywheel with plyers it will free up and run for you.

try turning it back and forth but "MAKE SURE" the e/z start system is off when you do this so you don't strip the gears or 1 way bearings.

if everything is fine here and you can turn the motor over freely at the flywheel with no glowplug in it, then make sure your battery for the e/z start is charged, and also make sure the 2 wire on the motor are on the motor.

I wish it were that simple.

My engine and piston and all of those things will spin and move(manually), but it's as if my ez start is locked up. It's not giving me anything.

Back