Trying to get back in the swing of things

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Racer 1966

What are we doing today?
Supporter
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I haven't had much rc time for the last 2-3 years. This year I'm trying to make a come back. So far I've had my nitros out 4 times this year,more than those 2-3 combined.

Today was a perfect 72* so I took out my SC8 for some fun. I've been wanting to see how well it would handle on an asphalt parking lot. Turns out it was a blast. The tires had good grip and would corner well. When pushed too hard it didn't grip-roll but instead was able to drift. I was even able to do some donuts. Had so much fun I burned 3 tanks without taking the time to lean it back out from the rich snow bashing tune it currently has.

Next time I'm going to set up a track with cones ,should be fun. I 'll try to video it too. Got the nitro flowing again now and it feels good! :)

Good to hear you're back in the hobby. Myself last year I played a lot of golf and I worked a second job so I only used a gallon and a half for 8 nitros. This year no second job so that should give me some free time. All it takes is to get a whif of that sweet smelling nitro or get that grin on your face when your running a rig with no issues and we fall back in love with it again. Enjoy the rest of the season.

Thats good to hear Randy, I look forward to the videos!

Welcome back man, the SC8 is a rig I had been eyeballing for a while...I think I may have to start keeping an eye out for a nice one.

Glad you got to go and have some fun, Randy! Welcome back!

Back