Trx4 Defender

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seth

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
I was thinking about taking the roof rack off and spare tire and maybe the fender flares. Wondering if anybody has done this already pls post pics so I could see what it looked like first. Wanting to make it a more capable crawler and keep the Land Rover body. Thanks a lot. Lmk if it helps the defender also!👍

I did have a video of my Defender without the spare tire in the rear a while back:

If you're wondering how I mounted the gas cans in the rear, I just hot glued it on. Since then, I thought it looked too bare and had too many screw holes in the rear (where the tire mounting bracket secures to), so I just put everything back where they were (except the jack in the front). If you don't mind the holes, I think it would look pretty good without the spare tire and roof rack.

I did have a video of my Defender without the spare tire in the rear a while back:

If you're wondering how I mounted the gas cans in the rear, I just hot glued it on. Since then, I thought it looked too bare and had too many screw holes in the rear (where the tire mounting bracket secures to), so I just put everything back where they were (except the jack in the front). If you don't mind the holes, I think it would look pretty good without the spare tire and roof rack.
Nice Rover bro!!👍 I don’t want to get rid of the body at all cause I love it. I’ve even seen people cut the back window off and turn it into a truck. But, even tho it looks sick it really never looks as good as stock unless you have nice tools and equipment to do it properly which I don’t. I guess the best thing to do is take it all off and see for myself. Thanks for the comment👍

I like it. I considering what to do with my trx6 Mercedes. Its very capable, but with the right body mods it would be better. Just debating hiw much I want to cut and not ruin it.

I like it. I considering what to do with my trx6 Mercedes. Its very capable, but with the right body mods it would be better. Just debating hiw much I want to cut and not ruin it.
I feel that bro. I think for now I’m just gonna run this body until it’s busted up then replace it I guess. I like the top heavy Rover🙄 found me some tools to paint and mount on it today 😄

Attachments

• 0E81F6C6-1C11-410B-A65A-E57D079C995A.jpeg
    0E81F6C6-1C11-410B-A65A-E57D079C995A.jpeg
    238.8 KB · Views: 82
  • A2C840AA-581E-4124-BEB2-E3A9E2CB4D4D.jpeg
    A2C840AA-581E-4124-BEB2-E3A9E2CB4D4D.jpeg
    357.5 KB · Views: 77
Those are cool! The front is where I would like to open up also. The fenders make it tough to get the tires to bite on rocks.