TRX4 Defender upgrades

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just like @turbo27 mentioned, run it and upgrade what you think it needs.
You can find just about every mod there is just by watching youtube videos but they
don't cover what you think it needs.
Run it, have fun with it and then start with some mods.

There is wisdom in running it for a while before upgrading. Get a feeling for it, then you will be able to tell how the modifications you make affect it's performance, and whether or not you like the changes. Not all the nifty things you see on youtube or read in the forums are right for everybody. That's what makes it
interesting. Having said that, the Defender is a bit top heavy and adding some weight down low will help.

I run mine stock have the lights on it but that’s it some cars are better stock

I only bought mods after I ran it awhile. Traxxas Sport. I bought a servo, brushless motor, and pre mounted Aluminum rims. . I ended up putting Tracks on it. I don't even use the Aluminum wheels anymore. I live in Maine, so I use it a lot in the snow. That's why I went with a brushless motor. I also needed extra power to run the Tracks. Also if you run tracks you need to upgrade the servo. It never stops. That's my story . Not pretty. 😎 I would start slow and see what you want. If you spend a lot of cash you might get tured off to the hobby. This cost me, but well worth it for me. Take your time.
20230302_205346_resized_2.jpg

I also have a Drag Slash. One of the best cars I own, Never upgraded anything on it. I love it as is. :thumbs-up: Have fun.

Last edited:
So I have under 2 yrs of experience. So I really don't know all that much. I get most of my models for Xmas. Mrs Turbo. So I can't really go out and run it. Sooo I think of mods. That's what gets me in trouble. 😎

Enjoying it stock for a while will allow you to see the limitations of the vehicle and driver. Place it in different situations and places and learn it's limits. Afterwards make the necessary changes to improve both of your performance. Mine has been a little modded but performs great now where I tend to run it. It has a Hobbywing Axe R2 550 3300kv 12t, beadlocks, 120mm tires, 120mm Desert Lizard shocks, 9imod 45kg servo, brass corners, etc. The slow crawl is pretty insane. https://www.dropbox.com/s/vw4mzz51cn3gkpx/VID_20230708_175307.mp4?dl=0

MVIMG_20230822_113041.jpg

MVIMG_20230822_113049.jpg

MVIMG_20230822_113058.jpg

MVIMG_20230822_113117.jpg

I agree. Enjoy it stock for a while but I had to say this was the easiest, cheapest and best looking (IMO) add on I did to mine so far.
Drivetrain Rock Guards
PXL_20220124_032208544.jpg

PXL_20220124_034711527.jpg

If you sre still running the stock ESC, I recommend this little gizmo.
Makes turning on and off much easier.
PXL_20220213_072640836.jpg
PXL_20220213_073132024.jpg

I printed mine but you can buy them form other people selling them.
The TRX is a great platform with so many options.
Don't forget sound. Sound brings the car alive!

Back