TRX-4 Sport Interior

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DOC_Lidocaine

RC Newbie
Military Veteran
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Crawling
Hi All,

I'm new, so if this has already been discussed please point me to the appropriate post.

I recently built my first RC, the Traxxas TRX-4 Sport Kit. I didn't put the stickers over the windows, because I had seen other crawlers with "interiors" and thought that looked a lot better. However, I seem to be unable to find anything that specifically states it fits the TRX-4 Sport body. Is there anyone who has been in my shoes and could point towards products that are, if not plug-and-play, then at least require minimal modification to fit inside the stock body?

I have thought about just purchasing a third-party body that I know an interior would match, but I received a Traxxas light kit for the Sport body as a gift. I like the Sport look enough that I would like to replace my first attempt at painting with another Sport shell but rig up the lights and have the interior too.

The attached pictures are of my current body, beat up a bit because I am learning to drive too.

Thank you all for any advice, have a great day.

IMG_20220925_231345592.jpg

IMG_20220925_231356544_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220925_231406691.jpg

IMG_20220925_231414917_HDR.jpg

Hi most interior pieces are only for trucks that are made that way however @Doom! might be able to 3d print you one
Doom doesn't have a working 3d printer.

You might try something like this...
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2227186249...NCCKxqlTp2&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Or this...
RC Car Full Interior Body Shell Cab Seat Kit for 1/10 RC Crawler Traxxas TRX-4 TRX4 Bronco G161R(Red) https://a.co/d/j1eUab7

Or do a google for 1/10 toyota interior. If that doesn't find what you want, try 1/10 interior, 1/10 truck interior, etc.

I used an Axial Unimog interior for my Element Enduro HD interior, it worked pretty good with a little trimming. On my Element Ecto I used an Element Gatekeeper interior.

Here is a pic of the Axial Unimog interior, getting hard to find now.
PSX_20210530_143509.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks guys! I will probably go with both the Axial Unimog as well as Bronco kit from the second link that wickedfrog posted, just to get a feel of both types.

Thanks guys! I will probably go with both the Axial Unimog as well as Bronco kit from the second link that wickedfrog posted, just to get a feel of both types.

I also kind of love the TRX4 Sport body so I have been looking at this myself. I did find a set of files for a TRX4 Bronco interior that is only the front part. I'm thinking I can modify the files to make it work.

I also think for it to work right the battery mount has to be either swapped for a LCG style or transverse mount to accommodate a decent looking interior. I'm a ways off from starting that project though.

Something like this TRX4 Bronco interior files

I also kind of love the TRX4 Sport body so I have been looking at this myself. I did find a set of files for a TRX4 Bronco interior that is only the front part. I'm thinking I can modify the files to make it work.

I also think for it to work right the battery mount has to be either swapped for a LCG style or transverse mount to accommodate a decent looking interior. I'm a ways off from starting that project though.

Something like this TRX4 Bronco interior files
That is pretty cool! Did you make those files using a CAD software like Solidworks, or another 3d editing program? I use Solidworks quite a bit for work and did a bit of printing using FormLabs SLA printers while I was in school so I can appreciate the effort that level of detail takes, both for the model and finishing/painting it.

I ended up purchasing a Lexan Mon-Tech cockpit interior from Amain hobbies, as well as the GRC Full Interior for Bronco kit from Ebay. Unfortunately, I didn't realize until after I purchased the kit from Ebay that delivery is expected between October 24th and November 17th... so I won't be seeing that one for a while.

That is pretty cool! Did you make those files using a CAD software like Solidworks, or another 3d editing program? I use Solidworks quite a bit for work and did a bit of printing using FormLabs SLA printers while I was in school so I can appreciate the effort that level of detail takes, both for the model and finishing/painting it.

I ended up purchasing a Lexan Mon-Tech cockpit interior from Amain hobbies, as well as the GRC Full Interior for Bronco kit from Ebay. Unfortunately, I didn't realize until after I purchased the kit from Ebay that delivery is expected between October 24th and November 17th... so I won't be seeing that one for a while.

I'm not the designer on those. I will probably buy them and modify them for my use. I know a little Solidworks and OnShape but I'm learning Fusion360.

I've also found I can use Tinkercad for quite a bit of .stl editing pretty easily.

My build thread I've been working on exterior stuff mostly. Printed my final bumper design this weekend and hope to torture test it a bit next weekend. If it holds up I will print it in a higher grade material that can be finished a little better. Pretty happy with it overall other than the humidity being a little low and having a problem with my flat black drying before it hit the surface.

Made a Hitchlink style tow point like we use on 1:1 cars to get rid of the shackle mounts.

The front and rear bumpers are heavily modified from a design I found on Thingiverse using Tinkercad because that is what I started the project in.

Rear, also added the Fuel Tank you can see from underneath. I also have a low bar to replace the headache rack as it only really looks good from one angle and irritates me the rest of the time. Or I may scrap the bed rack and do a completely different one. The beauty of 3d printing is that each revision costs a couple $ in materials and I usually am printing when I leave for work in the morning or while I'm sleeping.

PXL_20221003_133741021.jpg
PXL_20221003_133802021.jpg

Back