trx 3.3

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Childresshunt

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I got a trx 3.3 that I'm pretty sure is about to bite the dust. Just wanting some conformation on this. Motor still runs and runs fairly well still runs great on the high side. and runs great on low side while its only around 150 degrees but once it gets up to 210 220 it bogs on the low side tried to lean to correct the problem but it doesn't help also it being hard to start while its still hot makes me pretty sure its on its last leg I'm guessing when the motor gets to operating temp and the sleeve expands its loosing some compression due to piston and sleeve wear prob gonna just go ahead and take the motor off and run it next winter for a motor i dont care about

Break it down and seal it good. May help a bit. Usually when the sleeve and piston are worn out it will run fine till it gets up to running temps of 220 or more and shut down and wont restart until it cools down. Also yes this is due to lost compression when heated up. Also its as much to rebuild correctly as it is to just buy a new 3.3 without carb off ebay for $90 shipped.

Back