Trx 3.3 want more mid range..

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scootr

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hey guys. Just gone back to the 3.3 after I blew the conrod in my os 21tm.

Quite happy to as the os never ran very good. Didn't idle, ran hot, over heated and then if I richened the hsn it turned into a pig and would still cut out.. anyway.. the old rebuilt 3.3 (bearings only) is way more forgiving, and will idle at the same rpm all day long.. anyway.. :)

Can you guys throw me some tips to get more midrange from the 3.3? The bottom and top is great but the mid seems to labour a little.. a different pipe maybe? Am currently running the stock resonator..

Thanks.

Last edited:
bolt the 21tm carb to the 3.3 and give that a go

I ended up giving the slipper a tiny nip up and went in 1/8 of a turn on the hsn. Made all the difference.. Running beautifully now :) Probably 6 gallons in and very impressed. Don't understand why some can be so negative about the 3.3. Seems like a reliable and good value little mill..

They arent a bad mill the rod is deff the weak point but if you run them slightly fat and dont ring its neck they can go for a while
Carbs are a bit restrictive thats why most people put the losi 3.4 carb on coz their cheap but since you have an 11k carb doing nothing I would drop that on there and see how she goes