TRX 3.3 E-Z Start, Starting Troubles

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ajames942

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
ok i have the TRX 3.3 with the ez start system. theres about 2 and 1 half gallons through it. When i go to start it the ez start turns the motor and it cranks and then it doesn't crank and as i throttle it and play around it will start and run great. and when it cranks the ez start system is still moving. it cranks then all i hear is the ez start motor turning.

-Austin

OWB(one way bearing) is going out or needs to be cleaned.

I'm having the same poblem! I've cleaned the bearing with gumout but should i oil it or just run it dry?

EZ START... yeah right!

Just my 2 cents!!

I had the same problem when I got my first t-maxx and if you oil the OWB it will slip. I cleaned out my OWB the first time and then re-oiled it and it silpped, so I had to take it back apart clean it and re-install dry! The needles grab the shaft that the OWB rides on so you don't want no slippage

I've been through 5 one way bearings

It is real common to wear out a one way bearing. the other guys mention trying to fix them, but if I pull the engine and remove the EZ start, I am going to put a new one in it and be done.

its not surprising they brun out so fast, for every revolution your engine makes the owb makes one too. When i'm rippin down the hill at 55000 rpm (or so it would seem) that bearing is moving.

It shouldnt be moving. thats why its a ONE WAY bearing. if you spin it the other way it just spins freely instead of locking.

exactly, its not gripping the shaft so it is spinning. If it gripped it all the time, it wouldn't ever wear out. I'm saying the bearing is stationary but the centre is spinning around the shaft. If that makes any sense.