TRX 2.5 Basic

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pfcperry17

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I have a Jato with the 2.5 installed. Bought it used last night and won't start because of possibly 2 reasons. I love it already from the looks and design of it all and the electric start is a nice helper.

Problem one & probably the worst: High speed needle and fuel inlet broke off carb before I got it. Last owner SUPER GLUED!!!!! It back on....WTF? Don't know why....Don't wanna know.

Problem two: Engine seems to have low compression. The flywheel seems to turn around 360* TOO easy....Make a little pop noise when the piston passes the exhaust port on the downstroke. When it goes down....Don't know what it's called....

Where can I get a new carb or a carb body to swap my needles and screws over to it? And a new sleeve and piston? Thanks!:)

Sounds like money thrown away imo but its not my motor nor rig, gl with ur hunt

Last edited:
I would just buy a new engine if the 2.5 is low on compression AND needs a carb. You can get an engine in the $100 - $200 range that's new....

i have a t maxx 2.5r and my motor shuts down when it gets hot? does anyone have a clue what would cause that.