trouble removing sleeve from block

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doral

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I have an OS TM .18 engine it has now lost compression from over 2 years so I'm trying to rebuild it, I already have the piston and sleeve and everthing I need but I can't get the sleeve out to remove the piston.

I have tried heating with a hair dryer and keep it on there for about 10 mins but the slevve won't come out.

Anyone have any sugguest on how to remove it, I would sure thank you for them........

Take a thicker tywrap and feed it through the exhaust port so part of it is hanging out the exhaust port and the other portion is sticking up through the top on the engine. Grab ahold of the fly wheel and turn it using the piston to pinch the tywrap and push the sleeve up. You may need to double up on the tywrap but it should get it.

Tried That

All that did was to cut off the zip ties like a paper cutter.
I did get it out, but I used a screw driver blade the same way you use the zip ties and a lot of heat.

The darn sleeve seemed to be welded to the block.

I got the new piston sleeve and rod in, just waiting till some black RTV seal drys before trying it out.

Thanks for the info

An old tooth brush works well too...you just need something you can get in there and leverage it out with.