Trouble in starting a 0.21 PRO Engine

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moiz4got

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Hi,

I have recently bought a Caster Racing K8T with a Racing engine 0.21 MK2 Grenade and a racing tune pipe. Now i have trouble starting the engine. When I tried to start the engine for the first time I found out that the FLywheel is very hard to rotate and was unable to rotate on the stater. So I open up the Head sink of the engine and saw that the Piston is getting stuck to the Piston ring after travelling half way towards the head sink which is not allowing the piston to complete its cycle.

Now I just dont know how to get this brand new engine started. It is so tight that even the Starter is not able to rotate it. I am have an Thunder tiger Starter.

Kindly help me out.

try lubricating the engine with some oil. then remove the glow plug and check it the fly wheel rotates with the help of starter box. if it does try doing it few more times for few seconds. then put the glow plug again and see it the fly wheel rotates.

heat the engine up to a minimum of 180f with a hair dryer or heat gun, then start it. It will loosen up the pinch which should really be done as a matter of course when breaking in an engine. Especially a pro motor. Relieves the stress.

MAtrix,

I tried the same today but I dont think that working. I and abs did it togeather on our racing track. We tried to run the engine after heating it till about 178 - 180F. But no luck so we removed the heat sink and then ran the engine for quite some time. She looked good and we felt that now she was ready to fire, but again when we tried to start her with the heat sink with and without the glow plug we faced the same issue. This piston gets jamed into the piston ring. Somehow she is too tight to more freely to complete on cycle to fire up.

What should I do not. I tried a lot but nothing is seem to be working.