trinity pipe and 3.3

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alman

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
well i ended up getting a trinity pipe setup for the revo with the 3.3. it came with a peice of clear silicone hose(1/2 long) to use to seal the exhaust port to the header well i finally got it to fit but it is leaking very bad which has caused me to go through 3 glow plugs and not even one tank ran with it. so does anyone know of a better way to seal it up and stay with the trinity pipe and header?

You need to buy a 1/10th size exhaust header seal. The silicone hose is not intended sealing the header to the block.

ok i will do that is there any certain one i need? could u post a link please? it said in the instructions to use it for that but i had my douts and figured if it said to i would try thanks for the help

Go to your LHS and see what they have. Not all of them are the same. Take the truck with you and find one that fits snugly in the header.
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXKAJ6&P=7
This is what you have? You need to match the right header to the right gasket.
One set is for BB engines, the other for small block engines. You need to use the later.

I had the same problem with my trinity exhaust and gave up on it. It sat in a box for about 3 years until I threw a .26 red dot in the Revo. Needed to let it breathe (and tired of snapping headers) so I dug the pipe out. I didn't have any gaskets for it so I called Trinity and they sent me all new gaskets for free. I am using the clear silicone gasket on mine. The trick is to get the gasket on the motor about 2/3 of the way, then push the pipe on and twist. It's not the easiest thing to do but mine is sealed up great. Let me know if you find a different gasket that works. Nice to have a few extras.

yea i got it on there but it was leaking thanks for the help
yea i used the smaller header i tried the black peice and it was even worse

Last edited:
Hmm. O.S. and Dynamite make 1/10th seals.
Oh well I give up. Somebody point this guy in the right direction.
I only have experience with the THS exhaust. Perfect fit.