Traxxas upgrade CV axles

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Endlessnitro

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hi guys i just upgraded my t-maxx 3.3 with traxxas cv axles and the first time i ran it 2 of the four axles poped out by the diff. on the dog bone side. i only ran it about 5 to 10 mins. when this happend. I looked at it after i put them back together and they both sit right on the tip of the howsing. Why is this? There is no way to ajust them. (that i see). Has this happen to anyone else? If not i'm going to call traxxas. (Not a happy camper:angry:) Thankyou any info wound be great.

Either the pivot balls are not screwed into the a-arms far enough or the drive cups you are using are too short.

Either the pivot balls are not screwed into the a-arms far enough or the drive cups you are using are too short.

Snook Man. The pivot balls are right (I have a RPM true track in the rear) and the drive cups came with the axles. As i said they are traxxas cv axles (They come complete) ment for the truck. Thankyou thow.

Purchase the extended drive cups made for the revo and your problems are solved.

TRX part #5153R

Last edited:
Called traxxas and no help from them. So i orderd the 5153R cups. Have them friday and see what happens. Thankyou Snockman.

Just got my extended (5153R) drive cups today. Dam hobbie store forgot to order them so it took 2 weeks for me to get them. There not much longer but i they shound work. Ran 2 tanks with no problems thanks again Snook Man.

No problem, glad to help. A few millimeters can mean a lot when talking about cvd's and drive cups.

thanks for posting this issue Endlessnitro. i too had the same issue and couldn't figure out what happend. Now i know what to do Thanks guys

Back