Traxxas T-maxx classic

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benny11011

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
Hi, I'm from Norway, and pretty new to nitro rc. And I need some help with some starting problems, I think that it dosen't get enough fuel, but Idk. And I'll also need to know where the fuel filter is?

If someone can help me with this, it will be great to let me know.
And please help me with this as fast as posible...

It has started once or twise before, but now it won't start, the electric start runs out of battery just before the point where it's going to start... I think.

Benny

There is no fuel filter on the stock TMaxx. Have you tried a new glow plug? If the engine does not start after priming within a few seconds there is something wrong, or the carb is not adjusted correctly.

Thnx, yes I have tried a new glow plug, but the t-maxx does not seem to get any fuel from the fuel tank, why not? I have ordered a new fuel tank, because the one I've got now has some cracks in it, but I have tried to glew it, but it's not really sealed. Does that have anything to do with the problem?

Yes it most certainly could...

Any leak in the fuel or exhaust system can lead to little or no fuel pressure.

now out of curiosity when your starting it do u put your finger over the exhaust pipe end to prime the system?

Good investment http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dynamite-DY...Accessories&hash=item43aa13c9f5#ht_1625wt_952

But i would maybe go to the factory needle settings if you do not know them.

High speed needle * black screw thats connected to the fuel line * screw clockwise untill it can't turn any further **NOT TIGHT** then un screw counter clockwise 4 turns.

Low Speed needle * the needle on the end of the blue rubber housing on the carb slide* screw should be flush with the housing.

for your idle screw witch is the small chrome screw. its best to take off your filter and have a gap about the thickness of a credit card.

Then youll be a factory settings.

If your higher in altitude go 3 and a half turns out. on the High speed needle.

There is no fuel filter on the stock TMaxx. Have you tried a new glow plug? If the engine does not start after priming within a few seconds there is something wrong, or the carb is not adjusted correctly.

I do not own a tmaxx, so I'm not sure on this but wouldn't the tank have a built in fuel filter? My other 3 cars all do.

The TMaxx does not come stock with an in line filter, or a filter in the fuel tank.

^ correct I'm not sure why but usually most models have the filter built in the tank but i guess they didnt think of that on the t maxx. I dont think the 3.3 even has a filter in it my friend had to buy a filter.

I still always use an inline filter anyways, but always thought all tanks had one. That's why I love this place, I learn something new everyday.

now out of curiosity when your starting it do u put your finger over the exhaust pipe end to prime the system?
Yes I do

---------- Post added at 2:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 2:25 AM ----------

And another thing: I have bought a pullstart, but do not know where it's going to be on the engine, or how easy it is to change from electric start to pull start.. any1 know?

Finally

Now I'v finally managed to start my traxxas, but it is going forword by himself, and it's very slow to react to my control why?

sounds like a tuning issue. put everything back to factory. go to traxxas website and it tells u the correct settings for the different engines they sell. just have to search

I think that I found it earlier, it was the HSN: 4 rounds and the LSN 1,75 rounds counter-clockwise, but witch one is the HSN? Is it the big one that I can turn around with my finger, or is it the little screw?

I found out that the factory settings is: HSN = 4 rounds counter clockwise, and the LSN = 1.75 rounds, but witch one is the HSL and witch one is LSN? Is HSN the big screw that I can turn by hand? Or is it the little one under the air filter?

Yeah, Ok, but now it won't start, but that's because the fuel tank is leaking, I've bought a new one, but it won't arrive before next week, So I'll try to fix it then.

Changing to Pull start

Hi every1!

I'v got nothing else than problems, but now it's the pull start, I can't get it to fit right on the engine, is there something I shoud remove on the pull start (bought it new, so I can never know:p), or is it something else I need to put on?

Benny

If you have the correct pull starter, insert the one way bearing in the pull start bearing pocket (with the lettering facing out: letters will be facing the engine when installed) and just slide the one way bearing over the starter shaft and line up the attachment screw holes. If the holes in the pull starter do not line up with the back plate you have the wrong starter for the engine you are using.

Sliding? isn't it just to put it on? I have tried it, but found out that the track inside the pull start, isn't six corner, and the engine isn't turning when I've putted on the pull start, and pulling....