Traxxas Slash roof light bar from RPM

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoodiE

Kind of good admin
Administrator
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
rpm-light-bar-on-traxxas-slash.jpg

RPM Products has just announced their new roof light bar. The RPM roof light bar has six light canisters that are capable of holding high intensity 3mm LED lights (not included) for the ultimate in nighttime off-road short course rc racing.

RPM wanted to make the roof light bar as realistic as possible while still being durable. The result is a unique hinge based system that in the event in a roll over, the roof light bar will collapse against the body to help reduce impact damage. The roof light bar is designed to bolt to the front windshield of the truck, keeping the light bar profile low and in perfect position to...

Click to continue

id like a side veiw of that rig to see what rims its got, look pretty bling blingin.

I'm on the fence about the light bar.

I like the idea of the hinged design in case of a roll over, but I suspect it would only take so many before it snaps or rips out of the body.

They sure would look sweet on my rig though.

Here are mine installed.

L3.jpg

L6.jpg

L7.jpg

L10.jpg

I still need to do some work on the body. I think I lost the headlight stickers somewhere in the garage.

My opinion: I dont think I would put them on my truck (when I get my truck.) I like what it does, but a day of bashing, rolling over, nose dives and such, it don't look like it will last. It looks sweet on that orange truck.....

For my son's truck I will be mounting the roof rack farther down on the window, it will give some protection from roll-overs.

wow those look good imo. good idea to mount em lower on your sons. How durable do they feel? I've kinda been thinking about getting some and setting mine up trophy truck style.

Wow those little suckers are pretty bright. Looks awsome!!!

Looks great

Congratulation man they look pretty good

i'm not liking them. they just look odd to me and very vulnerable in a roll over...

i like the looks but as said above they would rip out of the body. but I'm thinking that if you put a rollcage on the truck and mount the lights to that then you should be good!!

Found I had to buy the stickers from the LHS. Also added 2 Ambers for the back, like the real trucks.

Back