Traxxas short course truck

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cbaker65

RCTalk VIP
Reaction score
My SCT. came in today!.......:woohoo:

This truck did not come from E-bay ,it came from a private owner on a sales list.
The slashes on E-bay are bomb barded with bidders ,most don't even have electrics ,an
are high priced rollers!
I paid $ 220.00 flat for complete brushless RTR!....:cool:

Here it is!

I have to do something with these shocks ,its driving me nuts!
Shocks should rebound on their own ,I took the spring off ,an the rod doesn't even try
to push out a little after pumping them ,also the rod seems to have some restrictions
when pulling an pushing on it!

I'm going to pull them apart an put some new fluid an change the springs out ,as you can
see in the pics that the previous ower had shims in the spring ,an theres Harley no rebound
after I push down on the truck!
I'm going to install my old stock Mgt. springs ,they are taller!

Whoops ,got some fuzzy socks ,I mean shocks!...:hehe:

Better pic of the shocks ,I have to do the rear tomorrow ,my shed is a mess ,so
its going to take time to track down my other springs ,may go copper heavy
duty in the rear as I got 4 of those some where!....:wtf:

I got the front shocks on an boy ,a big difference ,as you can see the rear ,the shocks don't rebound ,
the chassy isn't even rising back up when I push down ,it stays down ,now I'm really anxious on
getting the rear done an test driving it!
I also noticed that the Guy had replaced the a-arms an installed the RPM arms ,I didn't notice
it because they are black ,well ,that's a +!....:cool:
But anyway heres the pics that shows the difference ,you can see an compare the front from
the rear!

Finished the rear shocks ,did have to add the spacers ,but it does have good rebound!
I have before & after vid.but having problems signing in Y-tube....:doh:

Here is the vid. ,uh...liked to never found my pass word for Y-tube ,google sent me an E-mail
to verify!
I guess I will have to do more vids to remember!....:hehe:
I am not much into talking an narrating though ,I just let the RC's do that!...:cheers:

Well ,I went out in the shed an found my xtra AE. Mgt. shocks ,they are going on the rear ,so
going rechange the rear with taller shocks for more travel!

Here is another vid after re-changing the rear ,found some AE. Mgt shocks ,got those on.
The truck suspension is a lot better ,more travel ,good rebound with out compromising
anything ,the stanz is great ,the suspension is still nice an soft!.....:celebrate:

I will get a running vid later after I get the new body mounted ,should get that done today!

Ok .making progress ,painting the wheels ,an put some decals on ,I need to locate some
product decals though ,it seems bare ,I got this body 2nd hand ,must have had more decals!

Well I got the wheels done ,now on with the next project ,going to fab up some custom
nerf bars ,but it doesn't look like bars ,I guess I will call them nerf plates out of 1/8'' aluminum
plating!
I'm itchin for my own custom signature!....:hehe:
Will show fab shots!

It has been a while since I had my Slash out ,upon reading the issue of someone else Traxxas ,I figured that I better break mine
down an check the gear boxes.
As I said before ,these are mass produced ,an some things just isn't done proper or perfect ,an also ,I had bought this second
hand ,so no telling what I will find ,I haven't had no issue with the drive train in the short amount of time that I ran it ,however ,
the stock shocks are junk ,an had to change them out.
Last time it was ran ,I let my G-son drive it ,an he had smack the curb ,so it has a little more battle rash on it!....LOL

But any way ,it will take a few days before I can get to it ,an I will show detailed pics of the drive train on what it looks
like an how it comes apart & back together!....:cool:

This is how it currently sits ,I still have to install the other nerf bar that I made ,it is done ,just need to put it on!

Back