Traxxas revo 3.3 not Starting?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

:D lmao

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Scale Builder
First time starting my revo today, but the engine keeps getting stuck as I’m trying to free it up by the flywheel with a screwdriver, but the engine just never wants to start.
Plus that the EZ start motor starts smoking, I really dunno what to do😭

I've tried heating up the engine but no work:(

Last edited:
Sounds like a good cleaning and tuning. Priming the engine too much will flood it.
When a nitro engine floods, it's almost impossible to turn. Your EZ start motor is getting hot and smoking simply because the engine is flooded and hard to turn.
When it's flooded, you can loosen the glow plug to remove the excess fuel.

Last edited:
First time starting my revo today, but the engine keeps getting stuck as I’m trying to free it up by the flywheel with a screwdriver, but the engine just never wants to start.
Plus that the EZ start motor starts smoking, I really dunno what to do😭

I've tried heating up the engine but no work:(
Take that ez start off. And get you self a pull start for it. Those Ez starts are just added headaches. First time starting today, when was the last time you started it.

Ya, I have a Traxxas ez start- I just completely rebuilt the engine, it turns over easy, I can pull the ez off and it works fine, but when I strap it to the engine - nothing! I am ready to go to a pull rope.

Ya, I have a Traxxas ez start- I just completely rebuilt the engine, it turns over easy, I can pull the ez off and it works fine, but when I strap it to the engine - nothing! I am ready to go to a pull rope.
100% get the pull start. The ez start is horrible. Pulled mine in the first few months of owning the 2.5 when it came out.