Traxxas Nitro Stampede

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AoD

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Alright.. My friend finally got me to do this..

First, he has a Nitro Stampede and it's a hella wheelie truck. It wieghs next to nothing. Here's a list of problems he's had with it.

Chassis snap in half, yes in half. Last time it happened the front end landed 10 feet away from the rear, and the steering servo was somewhere in the middle of the pile. Do they make a "better" chassis than the stock one? He's tired of dropping 20 bucks into every time he decides he's going to take a jump.

Now for the strangest thing I've ever seen in my entire life.

He got it started just before he broke it.. Dropped it to test the suspension, and it was good. He hit the gas.. And well.. Only one way to say it, it went BACKWARDS. It doesn't have reverse or anything, is just went backwards, and once it hit the porch, it went fowards. WHAT THE HECK WAS THAT?!?!?! It's a single speed without reverse... Erm, what's wrong there?!? LMFAO

No clue on whats wrong with the reverse thing, that's just weird...

RD makes a 3.2mm thick chassis for the bricks/pedes. It's A LOT stronger than the 2.0mm stock chassis.

http://www.rdracingproducts.com

TNR20-01.jpg

It's for a rusty, and they dont appear to have one for the pede... might work with some minor modifications.

i think i have the answer to your reverse question...if its a pullstart the second the engine started going the piston kicked in the opposite direction...I've had this happen to me before.

If the engine kicked the piston in the oppsite direction, it would rip the pull start cord off...

Would'nt it?

Still odd... :banana:

it could happen if the 1 way bearing is worn

True...

Stupid oneway bearings... errr, MegaTech one ways...

:naughty:

Yeah, I don't understand what the heck happened..

Anyways, as for the metal chassis, we lined one up with the pede... No go, to many modifications. He isn't willing to spend that much on it. What would be best is a metal brace for the underside. Since it is in fact a 1/12th monster, according to the one book we read on it..

Hmm!! Racers Edge, where are you :D

We'll be searching for a while on this one lol

There's that many differences between the brick and the pede chassis wise?

Wierd, the lectrics are basically the same.

The mounting for the front is a tad bit different. This is a flat chassis, and the pede has a "two layer" chassis. Cut 4 inches off that chassis, ad a 3/4 inch thick plastic POS and change the mounting, then it's correct. :\

Exactly. I want to find that plastic "addition" that comes off the stock metal chassis. But I want to find it in aluminum... I wonder.. I still can't find anything.

You might eb able to find something

Holy friggin crap...

Why God, why do I drink myself into stupidity...

:OT: Just got off the phone... I hope she's hot.:cheers:

Back