Traxxas nitro sport???

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LittleFeets502

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I recently got in a trade a nitro sport. Pro .15 with a ez-start system. I’ve been able to get 3 tanks through the car. I don’t know the first thing about tuning, Glow plugs, % of fuel, I know nothing about it other than how to start it. The last run I got the car flipped over and it shut off. I haven’t been able to get the car running since. I've tried 2 more glow plugs, the first new one I put in the car would start, but wouldn't stay running if you let off the starter button. I blew out the gas lines looked for leaks, took glow plug out, blew light air through motor, hoping it might have gotten flooded. Gas flew out, re installed glow plug same thing. Pull the starter and it dies. So I went out and got another glow plug, and all new battery’s for the car, and controller just in case. The car started and ran, for like 5 feet then died. And won’t do anything other than turn over now. I don’t know what’s going on with it. I’m leaning towards it being a motor problem its self.

had a similar problem with my savage... it did a flip and would not run just kept loading up afterwards... Sealed up the engine and carb and runs better than it ever did.. During the tear down i found the HSN oring was dried out not sealing and the MSN had the same issue..

I had a pro .15 sport. Check your engine to see if it is sealed up good. Use blue threadlocker on all the fastners. I would recomend getting a glow plug warmer and using it instead of the ez start blue wire. Also check to see if your fuel cap is sealing up. I forget the factory settings for the jets, but look them up and start from there. Check the compression too. If you can spin the engine over easily with the flywheel, it might need rebuilt (not a big deal, about $40).

My Sport is very touchy with its tune. I have found most of the time 2 1/4 out from flush on the carb. Agree with Valkyrierider have gone through mulltiple glow plug wires. Have added additional insulation on the wire helps. (heat shrink from harware store $2)

I used a coffe stirring stick like thing over my blue wire after it kept getting pinched and rubbed

I alway find it easier to use a ignitor on the first start of the day then go back to the blue wire for the rest of the day