Traxxas Maxx weight reduction for stunts

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Basher_around_town

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I just recently purchased a Maxx v2 and since it's a bit heavy, are there any upgrades to make it lighter or feel lighter, I want this thing to do standing backflips and stunts, Thanks for the help!

I just recently purchased a Maxx v2 and since it's a bit heavy, are there any upgrades to make it lighter or feel lighter, I want this thing to do standing backflips and stunts, Thanks for the help!
Lightening it will just make it break easier. As @nino said, you are better off going with more power. A HW XeRun XR8, Max8 or Max6 would definitely be better than the stock VXL-4S (ok, so after having major issues with Castle, i am very partial to HW anymore). My Slash 4X4 currently has a HW SCT Pro SR8 ESC paired with a HW 4274 2200KV motor, and, as i found out yesterday, on 3S it will lift the front wheels and keep them in the air for 50 feet or more, so, I'm assuming that, on 4S it will do exactly what you are looking to do. I can't say for sure, because i have never ran anything bigger than 3S, so that is just speculation.

Back