traxxas jato HELP

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tpapendick

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I recently got a jato 2.5.it ran great,very fast and powerful.I was driving it one day and I flipped it and it was going full throttle then my friend picked it up by its back left tire while it was going full throttle.so one wheel stopped and the other wheel kept spinning.after that it wont drive right.it still moves but it barely moves,even when I'm driving it at full throttle.I was wondering if it could be the tranny?that's the only thing I can think of cuz the motor still runs fine.any help would be appreciated.thanks in advance

the slipper clutch is a weak spot. take it a part and sand the plate and the 3 pads. and tighten the spring as tight as you can get it. i trying to set up a clutch with more pad contact, its not finished yet.

What's the slipper clutch?and Samsung it will fix it?

---------- Post added at 2:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 2:21 PM ----------

*sanding sorry I'm using my phone

one more thing to look at. the hex drive on one or both wheels might be striped. on the rear always check for to much end play. if it has to much end play.put a washer between the wheel and the nut.

i agree wit moe..it definately sounds like the hex on the inside of the wheel is stripped. 9/10