Traxxas Engine Replacement Program

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bryson

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Today I went to the hobby shop and returned some things I had a change of heart about, and got some store credit. My 3.3 has about 4 gallons on it and is beging to slow, so I used my credit and a little cash, with the help of a old POS trx2.5 I had and got a new 3.3 for 110 out the door. I opened the box and was supprised to get a new OWB and pull start, along with a airfilter. Pretty good deal IMO. I may have to trade in my 3.3 to have a spare brand new motor laying around. Id say if any of you guys are thinking about trading in your old mill to get a new one and your a traxxas beliver like me id say go for it. Deffinatly a good deal! :thumbup:

I just thought I would share some knowledge with the members. If you have a junk engine case or something that is absolutely no good it might be a good idea to use the traxxas engine replacement program. But if you still have an engine that you can use for parts, or even better, sell to a fellow member or on ebay, then you might be better off to just buy a brand new trx 3.3 from an online store or from ebay for around $100-$120 shipped. I was going to do the replacement program, but after some research I realized that I could buy the engine outright and have the new warranty, and still have my other engine as well, which was a perfectly good engine, I just wanted something bigger.

Congrats on the new engine, Bryson! New toys are always fun!

There was no fix for the engine I traded in, it was junk. I modded the crank and screwed with the timing, and kept taking more and more untill it could take no more. Also the carb was cracked so it was time to let it go.

Yeap, and you were able to use your store credit that you already had. I just wanted to put the information out there for the members that were considering upgrading and things like that.

I havent even messed with it. I'm currently rebuilding all the gears with fresh gears, diffs and what not. Then I'm going to tune the mill I have in the truck its saposed to go into. Then I'm going to sell the whole truck, then as a added bonus throw in the brand new never seen nitro 3.3 to sweeten the deal and give somebody a peace of mind that if the 3.3 thats got 2 gallons on it isnt good enough, they can drop in the brand spankin new one. Anyways that my plans of the moment.

Awesome let me know when your gonna sell it. Sound like a great deal

Will do! I just replaced all the diffs with brand new everything. I mean everything is new lol.