Traxxas 1/16 slash 4x4

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bogda89

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
Hi guys, last week I bought 1/16 scale slash used for 60$. It's in awesome shape, very little run time. I already have 1/16 scale erevo, it's awesome but it likes to flip over, and 1/16 scale rally that is awesome. Converted it to brushless and it was my "daily driver" until I hit the curb full speed. It's a small damage, just front diff housing, but this platform is a nightmare to work on.

Decent speed and a lot of torque down low. Even with big heavy motor sitting very high doesn't flip over easy. It lifts back wheel while turning and breaking and front wheel under acceleration, kind a like a real trophy truck. It nice for small jumps and suspension is plush. It's dirty, will have to wash it but other than that, awesome little rc

IMG_20220830_104432695_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220830_104153324_HDR.jpg

Wow, I never knew the 1/16 Traxxas stuff was that much different than 1/10. Wonder why they didn't just use a 380 size motor in it and make it more like a 1/10. Cool looking truck though. Just looks to be a pain to work on.

Very cool. Get yourself a 1/24 crawler and work on it for awhile, you will soon figure out how enjoyable it is working on the 1/16.
Great looking rig.

Wow, I never knew the 1/16 Traxxas stuff was that much different than 1/10. Wonder why they didn't just use a 380 size motor in it and make it more like a 1/10. Cool looking truck though. Just looks to be a pain to work on.
Yes, Traxxas makes 1/16 scale erevo, slash bassed on the same platform and they use to make but now discontinued 1/16 scale rally, and some variations with different bodies.

They do have brushless versions with 380 motors, super fast, buts big money for my budget, 3/4 of my cars I bought are used.

My favorite out of all 3 platforms is rally. It's not much smaller than 1/10 onroad but a little more ground clearance, it has very hard tires, good for drifting (not easy) and stable for regular running unlike pure plastic drift wheels.

Comparison to nitro 4tec, nitro 4tec has much bigger wheels than original, 1/16 rally uses 1/10 scale size wheels

Screenshot_20220830-140608.png

Brushed was a 380. It failed worse then the 12t, then the 12t was found as a replacement. The brushless is still a 380. 550 brushless is the big block.

Cool little truck. I feel you on the pain and wrenching. I have the fabtech 1/16 and a summit. Somewhere I got a rally body and graphite wing for a rally conversion.

Nice nitro 4tec. I wanted one but never bought one. When the time came, HPI had more parts and was avaliable, so thats the car I bought.

Yes I am building a traxxas slash 4x4 1/16th scale (brushed with the titan 12t 550 motor) and I started in march by ordering parts from the ground up and I am going to get it done by Christmas.
After that I will take it to the skatepark to air it out and see if it is a durable runner. I do really like how my bigger slashes handle with the body roll and how short course trucks look in general. i do like open wheeled vehicles as well though.