Tranny shift point ???

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NCNitro

Fist of Goodness
In Memoriam
Supporter
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Can anyone please tell me what the factory setting is for the adjustment screw on the tranny? I do not seem to be getting second gear, and can't seem to figure out why :confused:

Here's how I did it, bear in mind this was not when I got run over. Set the tranny shifty point to where it stays in 1st gear, screw turned all the way in. Then pick a large DESERTED area with room to shift. Now start making a few runs at a time with breaks between every 2 or 3 runs and adjusting the shift point 1/2 to 1 full trun out between each run until it shifts. Once you get it to shift use the traxxas manual to determine where you want your shift point to be.

I don't remember. I started with it all the way in then stopping every few laps and changing the shift point by 1/8 of a turn and running a few more laps. After about 10 times of doing this I decided to make 1/2 turn changes for another few sessions. After this still did not get it to shift I started turning 1 full turn and on the first try it worked. I adjusted from there.