Tranny problem?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goonerfan

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hello I don't know much about nitros I'm new to the hobby, the other day I took my revo out it was running fine until the wheels jammed up and won't move so if anyone has any ideas what it could be any help would be much appreciated, thanks

Kinda hard to tell with the info you provided.
Isolate the problem down to engine, transmission or driveline.

If the clutch bell spins good then.
Remove the engine and try to spin the spur gear with your thumb.
If it binds, disconnect the front then rear driveshafts and see if the wheels will spin by turning the driveshafts by hand.

If they spin ok then most likely it is the tranny.

Hope it helps

either be tranny or clutch bell related (bearings or even a rock)

Mine did the exact same thing a week ago. Tore the tranny down, and found the reverse gear was shredded. I just put tru tracks on and 40 series trenchers too! BAH....lol. When I pulled the tranny apart, the little teeth from the tranny itself was blocking the rest of the gears in there, so it felt like it was indeed jammed. Cleared it out, changed the gears and it's smooth again. The gears were 9 bucks from the LHS.

Please excuse my insolence, I can`t resist.
When we have tranny problems here, we usually run em outta town.
I guess you COULD tear em apart though.

hello i also have transmission problems not sure if I'm supposed to make my own post or use this post? dont want to earn a reputation as a thread hijacker

i have a hpi rs4 nitro car. it has a 2 speed transmission. 2 spur gears and 2 pinion gears.
the engine is also fixed to the chassis without the aid of a engine mount and it has non adjustable holes so adjusting engine position is not possible.
recently I've changed a clutch and a shredded spur gear as the batteries went dead and the car full throttled into a kerb and ate both.:(
now I've since replaced both and I've ran the paper through the teeth mesh between the spur and the pinion gears lovely mesh
now I've taken my car out to run it and it goes about 6 feet then conks out and i can hear a rapid whirr slowing down quickly. at first i though it was a broken clutch shoe spinning around the cluchbell when it stops moving. <it wasn't that>
then i though it was a loose dogbone shaft <it wasn't that> now i look at it again and the spur and pinion gears are seperated again i can turn the pinion gear around without the teeth meshing. does anyone have any idea why the 2 seem to have seperated and how to fix this or problem areas to look? to the best of my knowledge the chassis isnt warped and the engine is threadlocked down just seems like the 2 don't want to get along together?:(

Back