Trailwalker

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dm_graham308

RC Newbie
Reaction score
I bought a Trailwalker and I'm loving it. Trimmed the body and looking at upgrading to some tall 1.9's and a new servo. Any suggestions?

Resized_20210116_194521.jpeg
Resized_20210116_194545.jpeg
Resized_20210116_194556.jpeg
Resized_20210116_194607.jpeg

Proline makes very good tires. If you are looking at more performance, the Proline Hyrax grips very well on rocks. The Proline BFG KM3 also grips fairly well all around, with a good scale look to it. The Hyrax and KM3 are both full-sized 1.9" (4.75" outer diameter), so it may rub on the body. The BFG KO2 also has a lot of grip, but have a 4.35" outer diameter. The Hyrax and KM3 are both available in the predator compound (much more gripper and stickier than the regular compound, but wear faster).

That's a pretty cool truck. I didn't know associated even had a crawler/trail truck!

Oh, it's Element RC. Is that like when HB was under HPI?

Olds97_lss, I wouldn't know. I've been out of the RC world for about 12 years, haha.

I'll check out the proline website and see what looks good. I think that 4.75 would be tool big after running the truck for a little bit. I'm still getting a little rubbing with the factory 3.85 tall tires.

I have the enduro sendaro and my son in-law has the trail walker. We both have the duratrax deep woods tires and they work great. We do some rock crawling and a lot of woods trails. Mounted them to some cheap bead locks from amazon. They are about 4.650 O.D. And very little rubbing. Used stock foams for a while the went to crawler innovation lil nova dual stage foams. Works great. I love my element rc crawler.